Chapter 9

Nadia sat quietly in the kitchen where her bestfriend had helped her to sit while she quickly went to attend to the man outside

The man.

That was him, the man from that night? How did he found out where I stayed. Did he looked for me? But why? Or is it all just coincidental?

Nadia grimace, still feeling dizzy as the thoughts of that man filled up her mind making her scared yet surprised to see him again. She had thought they were never going to meet again.

She had not expected to see him and when she does, his presence had affected her in way she couldn't explain. She had felt her stomach turned as she got washed down to bottom of her feet with waves of dizziness. She had felt so lightheaded at that moment and almost fall if he hadn't held her.

He held her.

Even though the moment was just for a brief seconds, Nadia felt it, the sparks, the tingles that comes from his touch on her. She wondered if he felt that too.

"That man is pretty strange, can't believe he gave a two one thousand euro note for a hundred euro pastries. And he didn't even wait for me to talk before he walked out."

Nadia looked up on hearing her bestfriend walked into the room.

"How are you feeling? Still sick?" Emily asked as she walked closer to her bestfriend sitting beside her as she touched her forehead.

"I am okay." Nadia replied, still in shocked of what happened few minutes ago.

Emily sighed as she took her hand off Nadia's forehead, "you know you scared me right? I shouldn't have listened to you and allowed you to do anything at all. If it wasn't for the man, you would have called to the ground and maybe hurt yourself."

Nadia turned to her friend as she stared at her intently.

"What? You want to tell me it's not because of you overworking yourself that you felt dizzy?" Emily said, pulling back the hair on Nadia's face to the back of her ear.

"T-that's him" Nadia croaked. Her voice dry and hard.

"What?" Emily asked, a bit confused on what Nadia is talking about.

"T-the man earlier."

"The one who came to but dessert for his friend, what happened to him?"

"The man from that night" Nadia looked down at her hand, intertwining her fingers together, "they are the same person" She finished before looking back at her friend.

"He was the man that paid me to have sex with him."

Emily looked shocked as she slowly stood up looking at Nadia. "That's him? The father, I mean-oh my god, wait here I am coming."

"Where are you going?" Nadia asked a bit cautious, afraid her bestfriend might want to chase after the man, that's if he is still outside.

"I need to pick something. I will be right back."