Chapter 9: Don't ever think that you can buy me

Sparks flew as the sounds of steel clashing echoed across the academy's training hall.

Students from the advanced class take their royal bushin style lesson seriously, practicing the way of the sword. They were now engaging in a practice duel with their partners, displaying their strengths but using a dull sword for safety.

In the middle of the hall, a platinum haired girl dashed forward and swung her sword at full speed. Her swordsmanship skills may not be that of a prodigy, but it was made of pure hard work and doesn't fall short compared to the others. Alexia became part of the advanced class through all of her years of effort, not because of her status.

However, there will always be anomalies. A chestnut coloured hair boy leaned his body to the left, dodging her swift attack. She anticipated such an outcome and swung it to the same side with much more speed than before.

Alexia was not expecting to land a hit on him, she knew it was impossible in her current strength. Making Kiyotaka use his sword to block her attack is enough.

The moving piece of metal approached his neck, even if the sword is dull it can still deal serious damage, especially on a sensitive part of a human body.

But Kiyotaka was motionless, only his gaze following the shining silver.

Alexia was conflicted, she'd already launched her attack and pulling it back is difficult at her level. What if she will cause a serious injury to a future dark knight that is supposed to serve their kingdom? As a princess, she is supposed to care for her subjects, not harm them because of her ego.

She closed her eyes, preparing herself to receive any form of punishment as a consequence of her action.

Kiyotaka bent his knees before the blade could graze him - it was within a hair width.

He swings up his sword, hitting the hilt of the sword, making Alexia throw it up to the air.

A shining line of silver on a porcelain skin. The tip of Kiyotaka's sword stopped at Alexia's neck.

"Do not ever hesitate in a battle," he advised her. "Or it will cost you your life."

He pulled back his sword then coldly sheathed it. Alexia fell to her knees, like a sack of rice, she was utterly crushed and her fighting spirit was totally obliterated.

The others who saw her helpless state felt sorry for the princess. They were all excited and envious about hearing Kiyotaka and Princess Alexia's relationship earlier considering both were perfect standards on their own, but now, those thoughts faded as they all witnessed how the former treats her.

"I feel bad for the second princess." commented a black haired girl.

"Your pity is unneeded, Suzune-san," said the boy with glasses. "The strong prey on the weak in this world."

Their swords clashed in the middle, fighting through raw strength to dominate the other.

"You don't have to remind me, Keisei-kun, after all we're forced to adapt."

She added more force to her push making him slowly lose his end and swiftly leap backwards.

Suzune anticipated his move, she changed her stance and dashed towards him while piercing her sword straight at him.

Keisei hasn't recovered his footing yet, but a figure of Suzune is already flying towards him.

He used the blade of his sword, blocking her thrust but was sent flying.

The duel ended.

She sheathed her sword and stretched out her arm to the boy, who's back is laying on the floor.