Chapter 2: The Hunter, no rather, a Psychopath

Riding the carriage on my way back to the Kagenoh's family domain, it really gives off the feeling of living in the Medieval times. Unlike cars which are powered by diesel, a carriage only needs a horse or maybe a beast to run. It's cost-efficient I suppose.

Moments of my past life come back in my thoughts as I gaze through the moving scenery by the window.

I was always curious about what the outside world looked like back then. And now I've gained it, technically. This is indeed the outside world, but in a completely different world that is.

Thinking of those irrelevant thoughts won't give me something, so I stopped. Expanding my magic rage, covering a quarter of the whole portion of the territory forest. Keenly observing the flow of mana in the surroundings, a disruption suddenly happened in a certain spot. Another one happened in a matter of seconds in the next spot then to the next nearest spot and next.

Wait! It feels like someone is hunting a specific magical beast.

Since I'm very familiar with the place, recalling the forest inhabitants by using the coordinates of the disruptions… slime!

What does anyone do with those weak creatures?!

I tried to analyze it again, couldn't believe it had something to do with slimes, but again, arrived at the same answer.

The mana disruption happens in an instant and moves very quickly from one spot to another.

It feels like the slime population might be endangered or worse went extinct if I will just let it be.

Sighed

Time to kick some as–

….. I sound like my little twin-brother.

“Stop the horse.” I ordered.

The coachman immediately listened and the carriage stopped on its track.

I wore my baldric with the sword on my hips  and then disembarked. The green forest looks pretty much normal but an unknown slime hunter is on a rampage, currently.

“Where are you heading, young master?” asked the middle-age coachman, who is also a skilled dark knight of our family.

“I need to check something,” I responded. “Go to the mansion first, I’ll follow later.”

“I cannot do that, young master,” he refuted. “The forest is dangerous. It's filled with unknown creatures and the possibility of a group of bandits hiding there is high. So I must follow you.”

He was about to jump off the driving seat but I released a burst of magic out of my body giving a warning.

“Are you telling me I will be killed by mere creatures?” I casted a long-side-glance at him. “And be defeated by lowly thieves? You better choose your words properly next time? Yes?”

I only acted like this because I am certain he can't disobey me. He is probably slightly stronger than me in a frontal attack and has more magic than I am but in terms of authority, I am the authority.

“I will.” he bowed.

I no longer waste anymore time and instantly dash towards the mouth of the dense forest.

•••

Arriving at the coordinates, the supposed to be area of high concentration of slime, were cleanse till the nook and cranny. I couldn't even find a single corpse nor evidence of slime hunting activities.

I shrugged off the idea of those small creatures being smuggled alive in the black market or to the lawless town because for the love of God, it's a slime, people.