Chapter 5: A Terrifying Existence

As time passed, our small group increased from two people into a total of eight members. It was all because Alpha, the blond haired elf, keeps finding possessed like stray cats every time we went carriage hunting.

But to be frank, our current force is already capable enough to attack the nearest countryside church. Still, the probability of a complete success in our investigation is not 100 percent. I'm a person that doesn't like to take risks. Moreover, I doubt they will take us seriously during interrogation considering all of us look like brats.

Even though the mouths I have to feed increased, my arms and legs, who can keep track of that psycho, were added as well. So it's a win-win situation.

Speaking of which, I'm currently in a wide expanse somewhere in the Oriana Kingdom cleaning up the bloody mess my stupid psycho little brother just did a while ago.

I am uncertain of the identity of these dead people but the insignia on their right shoulders seem to belong to mercenaries of another country.

The Oriana Kingdom is a country famous for its arts and music. The citizens consider the way of sword as barbaric and belittle those who train it.

These particular groups may plan to invade the country in secret, or to spy on the government or whatever aims they have.

“Milord,” A blond haired elf stands in front of me.

“Any findings, Alpha?” I asked.

“We already disposed of all the bodies six feet below the ground to prevent unforeseen reactions from the country due to the existence of an unknown armed group and its killer. And young master Cid took all of the valuables in the group’s treasury, for his reason — negative.”

I glanced to my right and found a tail wagging while both of her arms and legs were kicking back the dug soil to cover the buried bodies.

Sigh

I don't really understand this lycanthrope…

Alpha follows my gaze and sighs then shakes her head.

“Delta!” she called the wolf-dog.

“Yes, Alpha-sama?” she stops.

Delta, originally named as Sarah. She is a wolf-dog therianthrope, the same age as us and the fourth member of the group excluding me. The description that absolutely fits her in which everyone agrees is a pure muscle without a brain kind of person.

Delta is physically stronger than the rest of the members and her fighting style is similar to a four-legged-beast. She was very aggressive to Alpha in their first meeting and only listened the moment I intervened.

“How many times do I have to tell you to use a shovel rather than using your hands and legs.”

“But Delta always used claws back in the forest when digging dirt and —”  she starts to explain herself and then Alpha decides to cut her off since she already knows Delta's statements won't make any sense.

“Argh, Stop!” she gestures. “Just continue what you are doing.”

“Yey!”

A golden leopard therianthrope observes the wolf-dog in the distance with her pair of golden eyes.

I hope Zeta won't approach Delta or else there will be a hell-to-break out of nowhere because of your typical cat and dog relationship.

There was one time their fight destroyed half of the wooden house over a fish Delta stole.

They then both receive Alpha's punishment afterwards and force them to help each other in fixing up their mess.

On my right, a tall black haired elf dragged away the maroon haired one from the dead horses. Gamma, the smartest one of all the girls, grabbed the back of Eta’s collar, and pulled the mad scientist away from conducting dissection on those pitiful animals.