Chapter 55: Personal Journeys Begin

Start from the beginning

"Of course, I would!" Celessa answered happily, clapping her hands together. "A chance to go on a journey with the princess of legend herself? I'd be a fool to decline such an offer."

"That's certainly one way of putting it," Zelda chuckled, but after only a few moments, she turned and gave Prima a guilty look. "I'm sorry for leaving you alone. I'm not sure when I'll be back to help out here with the inn..."

"Don't worry about that, I've already got your work covered," Prima said. "I figured it wouldn't be long until you left thanks to this one rambling yesterday, so—"

"I'll be covering you until you get back."

Everyone looked back and up at the middle of the staircase to see Jules, who was leaning over the railing looking down at them.

"Are you sure?" Zelda asked as Jules stepped down to the lobby floor. "I feel like you've done enough for me already."

"It doesn't have to be for you," she answered, coming to a stop next to Celessa. "I need something to do, and it gets me a free bed. I'm not made of rupees, so it works out. I need a job, even if it's just temporary. So you and Link are going off on your own for a bit, huh?"

"That's the plan," Zelda nodded. "I think I'm going to try what we talked about last night. I think it's best to consult with Impa, the elder in Kakariko, to discuss it further before setting it in motion. I think that would truly help him and me."

"I hope it does," Jules answered, folding her arms. "If you get out of hand though, I'll come and give you a hard time again."

"I wouldn't expect, nor would I want, anything else," Zelda answered with a smile.

To both Celessa's and Prima's surprise, the two stepped forward and wrapped their arms around each other.

"You've got my support if you really think it's time to start rebuilding your old kingdom," Jules said softly. "You definitely have work to do, but after everything I saw... I know you care, and I know you'll get it done."

"I can only do that with everyone's guidance," Zelda said. "I learned that from you. It won't be my kingdom, but all of ours."

After a few moments, the two pulled back.

"Okay... Celessa, I plan to leave in an hour or so," Zelda said. "That'll be enough time to pack your things, right?"

"Yeah, absolutely," Celessa said. "Shall I meet you at the village entrance?"

"I think that'll be best," Zelda answered. With a nod, Celessa hurried back up the stairs.

"She is so excited... You really are her hero," Prima said, watching as the pilgrim disappeared up the stairs before turning to Jules. "Well, if you're working for me now, you better grab a broom. We've got a few things to go over."

"Starting now? Already?" Jules asked. With a sigh, she placed her hands on her hips. "I guess why wait for the inevitable? Where do you want me to start?"

"The dining hall, please," Prima said. "I'll check your work in a bit."

"Got it..."

With that, Jules headed off and into the dining hall, leaving Prima and Zelda alone in the lobby.

"Okay then," the clerk said to her original employee. "I guess you'll be off now."

"Yes, I will, but... Um, Prima?"

"What is it, Zelda?" Prima asked.

"I... Thank you," she said. "For everything. You took me in, even when the village was nervous about me, and kept me around when things got hard, along with so much more. I don't know how I'll ever repay you."