Chapter 84: Failed

The Weasley children made it to Grimmauld Place safely and I waited in Albus's office for any news of Arthur while Harry was in his lesson with Severus. The hours passed slowly, agonizingly, as my mind swirled with worries.

Minerva crouched down, taking my hands in hers. "Y/n," she murmured. "Are you alright, dear?"

I nodded, though my eyes couldn't seem to focus on her. I was far away, my mind drifting to Malfoy Manor as an unfamiliar rage bubbled up within me, a rage that wasn't my own. Perhaps this is what Harry meant by feeling my father's emotions. I found myself once again standing in the ballroom of Malfoy Manor, staring at the horrified faces of my father's remaining followers.

"Failed, yet again," he hissed as the image disappeared.

"Y/n?" Minerva called, pulling me back to reality.

"Hm?"

"Another vision?" she asked.

"It wasn't the future, but I suppose you could call it a vision. It was... I saw Tom. He's angry that they failed again."

Minerva nodded, waiting for me to say more but there was nothing left to say. It was a small vision, leaving far more questions than answers. Finally Sirius appeared in the fire, alerting us that Arthur was alright and Bill was with him so Molly could get some rest. I breathed a sigh of relief in knowing that Arthur was alright.

"Y/n, why don't you head downstairs and check on Severus and Harry. Make sure he's not working the boy too hard... he will need his rest after all."

I nodded, leaving the office and heading to the dungeons. When I reached the door to Snape's office I knocked, not wanting to simply barge in.

"Enter," I heard Severus call from behind the office. I entered the room, finding Harry dripping in sweat, looking exhausted as he slumped in his chair.

"This lesson is over," I said, helping Harry from his chair, tossing one arm over my shoulder.

"Y/n, I-."

"Not now, Severus."

"I'm only doing what I'm told," he replied. "The boy must learn this... or we'll all be in jeopardy... Including you."

"This can't go on, Severus. He's exhausted. We'll pick this up after the holiday break. It's not going to get us anywhere torturing him. He needs to rest."

Severus said nothing more and I guided Harry up the stairs and back to Albus's office where we used a portkey to return to Grimmauld Place.

"Y/n! Harry!" Sirius exclaimed as we arrived at Grimmauld Place. "What's happened to him?"

"Occlumency lessons with Severus."

"What the hell did he do to him?"

"Nothing, Sirius!" I hissed. "He simply let the lesson go for too long."

"Git."

"Sirius," I warned as we led Harry to the living room. He was extremely tired and I didn't want to make him climb another flight of stairs. I gently laid him on the couch, conjuring a blanket and covering him up.

"It's alright, love. You're safe," I soothed as he grabbed my arm, still shaking from whatever memories had been pulled during his lesson. I pushed his hair out of his face, conjuring a damp cloth and pressing it to his forehead.

"Don't go, Aunt Y/n."

"I'm not going anywhere, Harry," I promised.

"Is Mr. Weasley okay?" he asked.

"He's alright, Harry... thanks to you."

I kissed his forehead, pulling the blanket up to his shoulders. "Get some rest, Harry." He was still holding my hand, squeezing it tightly as he spoke.

"I was the snake," he whispered, his voice cracking.

"I know, love... I know." I sat down on the floor as Sirius moved the second couch closer with his wand.

"Here, pup. Sit down," he said, guiding me onto the couch before taking a seat next to me.

"We're not going anywhere, Harry," he promised before turning to me, placing a hand on top of mine which was still holding Harry's. "Never again."