Chapter 14: Possibly Foes to Friends

💜💙💚💛🧡❤️
𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝗙𝗼𝘂𝗿𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻
❤️🧡💛💚💙💜

I walk down the illusion hall dragging my legs, feeling like complete shit.

I was trying to find my way back to 'my' room, but the illusion hall was so endless and confusing that I had gotten lost somewhere and now I was just walking around mindlessly.

I heaved a sigh, still regretting letting LJ on to the idea that I basically hated his existence. To be fair, I was starting to hate his existence just a bit less.

"Poor....Jack..." I mumbled to myself, opening up another door that was in the hall and peeping inside. A bunch of bats suddenly flew in my face, so I quickly shut the door after waving like crazy to get them away.

"Maybe I should just sit and wait somewhere and hope SplendorMan at least comes looking for me..."

As soon as I mention it aloud, I could hear the sound of footsteps approaching down the hall and my mood perks up a bit, glad that who I think was Splendor actually came looking for me on my wishes.

However once the figure that the footsteps belonged to came into sight, I began to wonder if should try and run...

"There...there you are you little pest!" Candy Pop's voice echoed down the hallway, and I see the tall Jester approaching in my direction.

'Oh, he's still ticked off at me for that?' I think to myself. 'Wonder if he's actually going to hurt me. Can't say it isn't deserved at this point though...'

I only stand there sullenly as Candy Pop marches up to me scowling and can't even bring myself to react much when he suddenly grabs me by the collar and lifts me up in the air.

"Candied menace right?" Candy Pop hissed in my face, while I stare at him miserably. "Sorry...." I mumble lowly. "Oh Sorry? Hah! You're only because you got caught!"

The Jester suddenly took me and slammed me into a wall, then grasping a hand around my neck. 'What's he even so angry for, I was only joking around?'

"Got anything else to say to me, Riddler? Any other way you wanna taunt me?" He sneered at me; glaring daggers at me. "I wouldn't be surprised if you and Laughing Roach went off and you told him everything I told you, huh??"

I slightly raise my head a bit, "No, of course not. Why would you even think that..."

"I don't trust you..."

"Then why did you tell me anything? I promised you it would stay between us and that oath still stands."

Candy Pop stared at me in silence for a bit but I averted my gaze away from him. I just didn't feel like being around anyone or anything. Despite that fact that I'm supposed to hate these two, I'm really starting to feel upset by the fact that I've been pissing them all off, especially with how nice-ish they've been towards me so far.

"Hey you," Candy Pop snapped me out of my thoughts by flicking my forehead with his free hand, "what're you so quiet for? The hells' wrong with you anyways? You're not being annoying, like usual..."