Chapter 2: Not-So-Imaginary Friend

💜💙💚💛🧡❤️
𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙏𝙬𝙤
❤️🧡💛💚💙💜

(Y/N)'s p. o. v.

I pull up into the parking lot of the movie theater and quickly step out of the car. We were kinda late for the movie we were gonna see, and to make matters worse there were so many people present that there was line formations outside of the building.

"Come on Danny, we've gotta hurry otherwise we'll miss the beginning of the movie," I hurry him to get out of the vehicle and grab his hand so we can start running to get in line.

We manage to get a spot pretty close to the front although it's still a small wait. Still, the people before us were taking forever to get situated. I glance to Danny to see how he was holding up. He had on his jacket and his hood was covering his white hair, as he's been very self conscious of his hair after he had...a few incidents in school. I offered to help him with removing the dye, but despite everything he seems to really like the color and refuses to make any changes. It completely contradicts how he acts sometimes, but you know, as long as he's happy I guess...

After a few seconds of watching Danny, I notice he's dead set on staring at something way off in the distance. I look in the path he was staring but I don't see anything but a litter of darkened trees ahead.

I playfully shove him in the shoulder, "Everything okay?"

He jumps and quickly turns to me, then quickly plasters on a weak smile, "I'm fine (Y/N)."

"What's over there?" I ask, pointing to where he was looking. He glances quickly back in said direction, then back to me and shook his head, "Oh nothing, I was just...looking at the trees."

I shrug it off, assuming he maybe saw an animal running by or something interesting that caught his attention for a bit.

I turn when I notice the line beginning to move again and quickly pull Danny along.

»»---- ⦻ ----««
T I M E S K I  P
»»---- ⦻ ----««

At one point during the movie, Danny had told me he needed to get up and go the bathroom. I allowed him to go off by himself at first, but then sense hit me that he was an 8 year old child and letting him go alone probably wasn't the best idea, so I quickly get up and rush outside to find the restrooms.

However, when I get near the restroom area, I see Danny instead wandering the hallways of the theatre. He looked like he was...chasing something...? However, there was no one around him at all-the hallways were all emptied besides my little brother.

"Danny?" I call out to him, "What are you doing?"

The boy stops and quickly turns, seeing me approaching him and his eyes seem to be wide with excitement. "(Y/N)! Isn't he so cool?" He exclaims, pointing in a random direction.

I step up to him and follow where his finger points, but all I can guess is that he's pointing at is one of the movie posters. "Yea...? That is a cool movie...poster...but you're missing the rest of the movie we're watching. I thought you had to go to the bathroom?"

"No not the movie poster, (Y/N), look at that guy! He's a clown just like you!"

Danny points again frantically at an empty space. I glare at the space before looking to Danny with an awkward expression. "Buddy...there's nothing there."

His eyes widened further and his eyebrows furrowed, "Oh my god can't you see the guy standing right there, I'm pointing right at him, look??!"