Chapter 11: Secret Sneak-Out

💜💙💚💛🧡❤️
𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙀𝙡𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣
❤️🧡💛💚💙💜

Laughing Jack's p. o. v. 🤡

"Hey Laughing Jack, do you think we should add more blocks? The more we add, the cooler and bigger the tower'll look!"

"Yes yes whatever, do what you must."

Playing with these stupid building blocks was growing booooorrinngggggggggg. Unfortunately for me, the child was actually having fun with them...

I groaned and rolled me eyes,  sitting whilst hugging mines legs as I watched the child eagerly stack his little building with more of his block toys. Whence he looked at me, I did my best to appear interested in what he was doing, but I guess he saw through mines mask somehow...

The boy frowned and put down his blocks, walking over to me, "Laughing Jack what's wrong, don't you want to play with me anymore...?"

I pretended to smile, "Of courseeeeeeeee I want to play with you, Danny~! Heh, but don't you think this silly little building block game is getting a bit...boring?"

"Not really..."

"Ah well....I actually have a much better idea for what we could do...do you want to hear it?"

"Yeah of course I do, what is it?"

"Why don't me and you ditch this stuffy old house ay? We could go to...The Midnight Machination Carnival! Heheheheheh!"

Danny's eyes lit up for a second but the spark quickly died down as fast as it happened and he shook his head, "...(Y/N) said they don't want me to leave the house while they're gone. I can't..."

"Oh that dull (Y/N) doesn't have to know~! We'll sneaky-sneak out...heheh, like spies! You like spies, don't you, boy?"

"I mean...yeah bu--"

"Well then we shall pretend we are spies! Heheheh, we'll sneak out of here and run off to the carnival together! There, we'll have much more fun than we do here, won't we? And, not only that, but we shall return before (Y/N) comes home-they'll never know you were gone~!"

Danny grasped his shoulder, "I...don't know Jack..."

I grinned and stood up from the ground, towering over the little boy as I looked down on him. I grabbed his arm and my smile widened, "Don't be such a bore, heh, you're acting like your older sibling! Would you like me to find a new friend instead~...?"

"No no, of course not!" Danny's eyes suddenly widened and he looked at me in a panic. He threw himself against me and wrapped his arms around me waist tightly, "please don't go Laughing Jack, please! You're the bestest friend I ever had, I'll do whatever you want just please please don't leave me..."

I let out a laugh and gently pet the boy's head, "Very well then! Since you insist I stay...I will. But...I say we shall go to the carnival! What do you say~....?"

"I say let's do it," The boy answers straightforwardly, "I wanna go with you to the carnival and have real fun."

"Good good good good little child!" I praised him, ruffling his hair while he burst into a giggle, "we'll head there right away then! Are you ready-"

Before I could finish, the window in the boy's room was suddenly slammed upwards, and we both turned to see the black shiloette of a person standing on the ledge behind the curtains.

"Gooooooooooooooooood morning, folks~!" A familiar voice exclaimed, causing both me and Danny's eyes to widen.

The curtains get shoved aside and we watch as none other than The Riddler hop down from the ledge and land before us, a playful aura radiating from them.