Chapter Seven ❤️❤️❤️

Start from the beginning

"Got it!" Nora says before taking her off down the stairs and stopping at the door. Emma walks on her tail and out the station to make sure the coast is clear.

"Okay let's go." She says motioning her to exit the building. Nora walks out behind her and takes in the fresh air for the first time in days. She finally feels free for once in her life. Emma hops into her yellow bug and Nora stands, overlooking the city streets and nature.

"You coming or what?" Emma says. Nora snaps back into reality and hops into the passengers seat.

"Why can't we walk there?" She asks as Emma starts the car.

"The faster the better kid." She says before taking off towards the ice cream shop. Emma pulls into a parking spot right in front of the shop and looks around to see no Henry, perfect. They hop out the car and enter the chilly environment. A lady with blonde hair stands behind the counter and various people sit at the tables to the left and right of her.

"Welcome, what can I get you two ladies." The worker says, in a warm and inviting tone.

"I'll take vanilla in a cone." Emma says and then looks over to Nora.

"Chocolate fudge brownie with chocolate syrup and cheesecake bites mixed in please, in a cup." Nora orders, eager for something sweet.

"Coming right up!" The lady says as she scoops. Nora watches her attentively, already tasting the goodness in her mouth. They move down to the cashier and the lady gives them their treats.

"How much?" Emma asks and the lady shakes her head.

"It's on the house! Emma isn't it?" She replies, taking particular interest in Emma.

"Um yeah. You really don't have to do that-" Emma starts, but the lady cuts her off.

"No I insist. You know I've always loved vanilla ice cream too. We have the same tastes, almost by fate huh?" The lady says, strangely. Nora gives her a look and looks between the two and Emma seems just as weirded out.

"Umm, well vanilla is a widely loved flavor..." Emma says awkwardly, wanting to escape the situation.

"Yes true. But that is just something we have in common. You don't think that draws us together, by any means?" She says eagerly, leaning closer over the counter. Emma and Nora take a step back, both creeped out at the worker.

"I don't think so lady. Thanks for the ice cream." Nora cuts in, to end the conversation. With that she grabs Emma and rushes out the door.

"What's with that lady? Do you know her? Why is she so obsessed with you?" Nora asks as she gets back into the car, already digging in.

"I don't know her at all, well at least not personally. But she is a strange one." She says before shaking it off and drives toward the library.

"So what book do you want? Make a decision now so that we don't have to waste time doing that at the library." Emma says as she drives. Nora thinks, not sure what book to choose out of the thousands of options.

"Well.... Umm.... I've been wanting to read..." She starts, debating between a couple books in her head.

"Sweet Evil." She decides.

"Sweet Evil? I thought you were on the good guy side?" Emma questions.

"I am, it's just a book, Emma." She says rolling her eyes.

"I know, just making sure." Emma says pulling up on the side of the library. "Let's make this quick." She says getting out and checking the surroundings before allowing Nora to leave the car. They walk inside the from doors and Nora can already smell the relaxing smell of books.