94TH GEAR - THIS IS ONE MESSED-UP TRAINING DIARY

ابدأ من البداية

I have learned a lesson about the weirdness of human behavior: If your girlfriend fails, you will feel bad. But if your girlfriend is the topnotcher, you will feel worse.

<>

Our Useless Prez chewed Cruzo and I. Cruzo barely passed his finals, and I got the same arrogant issue that I now deeply regret. On the other hand, Flu got all the praise from that barfing president so I should still be happy for Flu.

Anyway, there was no issue for any of the Speedmages of the Merry Knights. We immediately worked on the paperwork in collaboration with the Cool Escape and the Eaglecrest Guilds for a second Joint Training Camp. It was immediately approved by the higher-ups of the academy, but since the school will be almost abandoned after the finals, the training camp will be conducted at Saint Crusade Academy itself to minimize the expenses of renting a venue.

It was beneficial for us all as every student is already familiar with the campus. To add some more benefits, some of the budgets were used to invite medical healers, spell specialists, and even food stalls to cater to every Speedmage's needs. The reason why we hired food stalls to cover for our food is that we do not want to have the Croquette Incident last time have a Season 2. Too bad they only serve bacon shawarmas...

Everybody was excited during the preparation for the training camp, especially my lovable players.

"Bacon Shawarma! Bacon Shawarma! Bacon Shawarmaaaa!" Cruzo celebrated.

"Where's my sick bag!? Where's my sick bag!? Where's my sick baaaaag!?" Ericka panicked.

"Speed Battles! Speed Battles! Speed Battleeeees!" Flu squealed.

The three Speedmages of the Merry Knights are as lively, stupid, and wacky as ever.

<>

The practice has finally started, and they appointed me as the Head Coach of this Joint Training Camp. Last time it was Captain Tezza, but since we are the host of this event, I got the approval of the entire Merry Knights, Eaglecrest, and Cool Escape Speedmages. It was uplifting to be the head coach of the best Speedmages in the school even though they entirely know that I am magicless.

As a result, I rewarded them in the form of punishment.

"Speedmages, get ready for our routine! You will have to do one hundred pushups, one hundred situps, one hundred squats, and ten-kilometer running every single day for a warmup! You will only have a banana for breakfast, and nobody shall use the magical air conditioning of the gym! You will all suffer until your hair falls off and turn bald! Do you understand?"

"Coach, yes, coach!" All of them answered.

That is just for the warmup every morning. The practice regimen will differ every day and it depends on the schedule.

For the main focus, we had our star players Fluonessia and Captain Liri do specialized practices. As Flu decided back then, she wanted to fight all the Eaglecrest and Cool Escape Speedmages, so we scheduled five Speedmages that will fight her every single day. Liri also did the same to widen her view on the ranges of Speedmages out there.

Flu and Liri will be fighting Speedmage Champions from every district of the empire, so it is just natural that they have this kind of intense training.

"Haaah... Haaah... Haaah..." Both Flu and Liri panted after finishing their fifth and last Speed Battle for the day.

It was already afternoon when we finished, and we are wrapping up our practice session to a conclusion.

"Y-You're a demon! You're a demon coach!" Liri protested and pointed at me as if I were a criminal. Then she turned to Flu who is still gasping for air. "How can you withstand a boyfriend this sadistic and ruthless?"