E I G H T . T W O

Começar do início

She sighed and lightly stroked the ligeress' head, having to reach out her hand for that. Then she stood up, and looked at both her feline and her friend and nodded to both of them. Aren smiled back and told her that while she went out, he would take advantage of the girl's incredibly comfortable bed to rest.

Along with Astrid and Pax, who had risen when the ligeress did thanks to the fact that he had been curled up next to her the whole time, she walked out of her cabin and was guided by the sound of the campfire to where Skaikru kept their small camp.

"I hear you're leaving," the first person she encountered was Bellamy, preparing for his departure, and since she didn't want to interrupt her brother and Octavia, Coriane decided to do something that she wasn't sure was a good idea or not.

Bellamy looked up to see her, momentarily surprised that she was talking to him, but quickly pretended not to be and tried to act normal.

"You heard right," the boy nodded. "Have you come to tell me that our plan is stupid and that I'm going to get killed?" He raised an eyebrow with some amusement, turning completely around to be face to face with the brunette.
"No. Mainly because I still can't tell if what you're doing is too stupid or too brave, but I'm leaning more towards stupid."

Though he tried to avoid it, Bellamy let out a small laugh, stroking the inside of his cheek with his tongue as he tried not to look Coriane in the face.

"But, risking yourself to save your people, when, from what I've seen, your leaders don't do half as much as you do. That... is very brave."

At Coriane's words, Bellamy looked back into her eyes, surprised once again at the girl. After a few minutes of silence in which neither looked away from the other, Bellamy suddenly laughed lightly, shaking his head and stroking his jaw with one hand.

"You're the strangest person I've ever met in my life. Every time I think I finally understand you, you say or do something that makes me think I never really will."

A small, sly smile escaped her, and like the boy, she turned her eyes away from him for just a few seconds to control her expressions. Bellamy smiled too, but when Coriane took a step forward, closing the distance between them, he had to almost dig his feet into the ground in order not to step back and indulge the girl.

"That's the thing, Blake, you don't know me, not really," the sly smile took him back to the memories he already shared with Coriane. That edge same smile that made his blood run cold and made him think that there was something darker than he could imagine behind it.

Coriane could see how the boy wanted to tell her something, but either he didn't know how, or he couldn't find the words to do it, so when he opened his mouth to speak, he was interrupted when Pax tapped his head on the girl's leg, signalling his arrival of the errand that, while they were on their way here, Coriane had asked him to do. She took her distance between the two of them and her smile disappeared as if it had never been there.

"Before you ask me why I'm doing this, and I regret doing it myself..." She sighed, bending down to receive Kiki, that came dangling from Pax's mouth. "Here."

She held out the little Jameson's Mamba to the boy and watched with an amused expression and a chuckle as he hopped backwards away from the snake that hissed in his direction.

"It won't kill you, don't worry. In fact, it'll protect you," she chuckled again, grabbing his hand and pulling Kiki into it.
"Are you sure?" Bellamy had stiffened at the touch of Kiki's scaly skin against his, asking with obvious insecurity and swallowing hard.
"Think of her as a... guardian snake," smiled Coriane, stroking the snake and letting it coil around her finger and then up her hand. "She's small, and she knows how to hide very well in clothes," as if to demonstrate this, Kiki slithered under her sleeve and up her arm and up her shoulder to her neck, causing her to giggle with a little tickle. Coriane put her hand back to let the snake out and looked up at Bellamy with a smile, offering it to him again. "I promise, it won't hurt you."