Chapter 8-When You Figure Out Your Necklace Isn't a Necklace But Also Is

Start from the beginning

It shrunk back into a necklace and reattached itself around my neck. I sighed. I liked it better as a skateboard. The necklace was to...fancy.

I paused in front of a cafe with the most basic name ever. Cool Beans. Man, the great city of Seattle should've thought of a better name. Starbucks and The Simpsons came from here!

I bet someone from Portland came up here and built a stupid coffee shop named "Cool Beans". Keep it weird, Portland.

Despite my disgust with the name, I pushed the door open and headed in the cafe. They're name was bad but their decorating style definitely wasn't.

The dark wooden floors and forest green walls was a perfect combination. A brick wall accented the room and plants were strung everywhere. Fairy lights even streaked the ceiling with twinkling light. Honestly this place was, dare I say it...?

Pretty cool beans.

I think I just cringed out of my shoes. My thoughts were screaming at me, Fae, that was actually the stupidest, most cringey and idiotic thing you have ever said in your entire life.

I cackled at my conflicting thoughts, causing people to look at me funny from their tree-stump stools.

I made funny faces back at them. Hehe.

I'm a menace to society.

I made my way to the ordering place and drooled looking at the glass case full of desserts. Alesha wouldn't mind if I used her credit card to buy a bunch of food, right? Nah.

"What can I get you?" The cashier looked about twenty-five, her hair in a dark ponytail and arms covered in abstract tattoos. She chewed gum louder then anyone I'd ever met before.

"Hmm. I'll take seven of those white chocolate raspberry scones...ooh! Five of those lemon bread things. And six of the apple turnovers. And—and a coffee with cream and heavy on the sugar!"

I locked my lips in anticipation. Don't judge my quantities of food, who knows when the next food place will be.

The cashier raised one pierced eyebrow at me and rung up my order. "That will come to...one hundred-four dollars."

I muttered, "I hate inflation" as I swiped my card. The lady let out a laugh and said, "you and me both, kid."

I then sat down at a stool next to a circle table made out of recycled materials. I'd stuffed the letter in my pocket this morning and now pulled it out to examine more closely.

The prophesy told me to find a mentor and I needed to seek them at a "dying morning glory spring".

Wow. Clear as fricken mud. Thanks mother.

I yanked my laptop out of my bag and Googled "dying morning glory spring." Articles popped up about a hot spring in Yellowstone National Park called Morning Glory. Huh. Apparently people have been throwing junk in it making it lose its color and, essentially, choking it.

Seemed like the best option so I booked a plane ticket to Bozeman, Montana. "Cabeara? Cabeara?"

They were calling my order. I moved to the counter slowly and muttered, "it's Cabrera. Cabrera."

My arms were piled high with delicious baked goods but I managed to dump all my food safely back onto the table.

The food was incredible and I especially liked the raspberry white chocolate scones. I chugged my scalding hot coffee and decided to save the rest of my food for later.

Just as I was standing up to go, my necklace tugged me back down in the seat. It unclasped and floated around in my face like it wanted my attention. How did no one notice this?

"What?" I hissed, looking left and right to make sure no one was looking. "What, Necklace?"

It slapped me. Lighter then before, but still. "Gosh, Necklace."

Another slap. It registered in my brain that maybe it didn't like being called Necklace so I said cautiously, "Necklace?"

"Ouch! Okay, I'll give you a new name, jeez."

"Stupid?" Slap. "Sunny?" Slap. "Uh, Karen?" Super hard slap.

Then I got an idea. I cleared my throat, "How about Noon?"

I held my breath, waiting for another slap. None came. "Noon it is. But can you turn into like a bracelet or something? Necklaces aren't really my kind of jewelry."

Noon turned into a cute, braided bracelet with three shades of yellow. A little sun charm dangled from it and shine with a slight glow.

With that, we left for the airport.

Guys I'm really sorry for the slow chapter but don't worry, action is coming and so are new characters!!! I can't wait! Just hang in there until then!

Also.

Two chapters in two days! Whew I am on a roll!

*Puts on cool sunglasses*

*Stabs eye with cool sunglasses*

.....nevermind. I'm cool without sunglasses. >=)

Anyways, have a good rest of your day/night!!!

                                        —Grace :)))))