Love Is Complicated (The Doctor)

Comenzar desde el principio

"So Doc, what do you think?" I ask as I look at him; hopeful that he likes the destination, but the look on his face says otherwise. "Why would you choose Mithonia? It's a planet stuck between two vastly different time points in a metaphorical sense. Sure, the technology is far more advanced than that of Earth, but most planets are far more technologically advanced than that planet you call home. You really thought that I'd-"

"I read that it's a pretty passive planet, which means that it's unlikely you can cause any trouble while we're here. Plus I read there was this contest to prove who the smartest person on the planet and anyone, from Mithonia or anywhere else, is allowed to enter the contest. I know you like proving that you're the smartest person in the world so I thought you'd enjoy it."

The look that he gave me made it difficult to tell what he was thinking, but eventually he just nodded. "It's not going to be much of a contest if I enter." I softly snort at his comment. "If you think that then you should enter." The corner of his mouth quirked up a bit into a smirk. "I will." I nod and let him lead the way as always whenever we visit a new planet.

It didn't take long for us to find where the contest was going to be held and where to sign up for it. Upon reaching the signup sheet we learned that we had to answer a question in order to enter the contest, which holds the theme of the questions that would be asked during the contest. It seemed that not many were able to answer the question, but when the Doctor and I were shown the question I couldn't help the snort that came out of me. The question itself wasn't funny, but the fact that it's like a first grade level question from Earth made it funny.

"What species of bird were Skipper, Rico, Private and Kowalski in the movie Madagascar? That's seriously the question? Is the theme for the contest Earth?" The person that gave us the question nodded. "Yes. Earth is the theme of this year's contest."

"That's a pretty easy question."

"Not for Mithonians."

"Well, what is the answer?"

"Penguins." Both the Doctor and I said at the same time. I didn't mean to answer the question, but it was just so easy. "Correct. You both have been registered for the contest. Please put these on and make your way over to the line over there by the stage to get your numbers. From there you will await further instructions." The person handed us two metal bracelets that had a small screen on them, but it was currently blank. I was about to say that I hadn't meant to enter the contest, but the Doctor grabbed both of the bracelets and walked off towards the line before I could even get a word in.

I quickly follow after him and catch up to him in time to have him toss the second bracelet to me, which I catch. "Doc, I didn't mean to enter." He nods as he puts on his bracelet, which lit up and quickly scanned him. The screen on the bracelet displayed his species, age and the name he goes by. "I know, but at least I'll have some competition. Now put your bracelet on." I sigh softly and just do as he says. It does the same thing as his did, which I found rather cool. Though this did mean I'll either be perceived as a threat or just a dumb human that couldn't possibly make it through the whole contest.

We reached the line by the stage which had seven other people, mostly Mithonians but there was a few CatKind among them. I was surprised to see them, but they're probably from humankind's future. The Mithonian that was a part of the ones organizing the contest stole my attention as they gave the Doctor and I a number. He got eight and I got nine, which I found a bit funny since we first met when he was on his ninth face. I almost made that comment to him, but one more Mithonian joined the line and became number ten; this led us to all being escorted onto the stage.

We were all instructed to stand in certain spots around a podium and given buzzers before the rules were explained to us, which were like the rules for any game show I've seen on Earth. We all waited until another Mithonian came onto stage followed by loud cheering, signaling that the contest was starting. "Welcome everyone to the contest to see who here is intelligent enough to gain the title of Most Intelligent Being of The Universe! I'm your host Houdine! Let's meet our contestants for this year's contest!" Houdine made his way around the circle the ten of us made and had us each introduce ourselves. Number one is Mytha, number two is Kindo, number three is Lyra, number four is Besto, number five is Odine, number six is Wallace, number seven is Gura, number eight is the Doctor, I'm number nine, and number ten is Kathy. Mytha, Kindo, Besto, and Gura are Mythonians and Lyra, Wallace and Kathy are CatKind.