₁₈

The marriage of Aemond and Vaemyra was meant to be strictly political, giving House Hightower another possible ally, but their marriage is far from a sham. Whether it be love or lust, they work well. Their relationship has evolved ever so quickly as they have become perhaps perfect for one another. Aemond is always there for Vaemyra, he waits at her hand and foot and would do anything for her. And Vaemyra finds herself warming up to the prince, showing him a more vulnerable side of herself that few have seen over the years.

But not all are in favor of their union.

Ser Criston finds it completely sickening, but his feeble attempts at poisoning the prince against his wife are just that... attempts. He can never change the way Aemond sees her, for she is everything he's ever wanted. She's everything he's desired for so long... and now she's all his.

And even Daemon thinks the whole marriage is a sham. He nearly stormed over to the keep and put Aemond's head on a spike when he read the letter. He wanted to break bones and crush skulls but was talked out of doing so by his darling wife. While Rhaenyra isn't necessarily jumping for joy, she prays that her sister's new marriage will be better than the previous. She prays that her sister is happy, but also that she will still be by her side. Rhaenyra prays that her sister won't forget about all their happy memories together as children, for Rhaenyra certainly hasn't. The heir cherishes those precious moments from their youth. She's grateful for such a kind and caring sister and feels great pain and sorrow for all that she has endured which turned her into...

Into a Mad Targaryen.

Vaemyra presents herself to be as strong as she is wise, but behind that lies the truth. Her mind is feeble, broken, and fractured in countless ways. Her mind has been twisted and tortured for years, to the point where now she is willing to kill in cold blood and does so whilst feeling absolutely nothing. Her kind heart is hidden beneath layers and layers of trauma and pain and anguish and suffering, and her husband finds it absolutely beautiful.

Aemond loves her kind and nurturing soul that takes care of their father and is a friend to Helaena... but he also loves her fire that burns her victims alive and makes her a true dragon.

He loves her madness because he has it as well.

And the first six months of their marriage go absolutely splendidly. Aemond ends up spending almost as much time in the bedroom as he does training in the courtyard. Their desires and passions are only amplified when around each other and they will tear each other's clothes off whenever an opportunity arises.

But if one doesn't, they'll create one.

Vaemyra is pressed against a wall with her dress pushed up whilst Aemond holds her legs, or she's splayed across a table that Aemond has thrown everything off of with his head smushed between her thighs. They've shared each other's bodies so frequently and violently that the Kingsguards make jokes amongst themselves whenever they have to stand guard outside their door.

Aegon tries not to pay attention to it, and so drowns himself in wine and whores, just as his sister did before him, while Helaena is quite the opposite. She's simply happy that her siblings are happy, even if she has to cover her ears at night.

But the king... the king's state has worsened ever so quickly. His body is decaying as is his mind. His body is skinny and frail, his skin is old and decrepit, and his teeth are black and rotten. He's constantly given milk of the poppy to soothe him, but it's not what he wants.

In his fragile state, Viserys only wants his girls. He wants to see Rhaenyra and Vaemyra. He wants to listen to their voices and see their beautiful smile. All he wants are his little girl... and yet they aren't anywhere around.