₁₄

The sun rises on Westeros, and with it a new day beckons.

Rhaenyra's cut is stitched up as the royal family prepares to leave. The King and Queen get into their horse-drawn carriages to be led to their ships whilst the children climb onto their dragons. Aegon, Helaena, and Aemond all prepare to ride the dragons back home, yet one prince keeps his eye set out for one person in particular.

Aemond waits for his sister to arrive so they may fly back together... but she's nowhere to be found. She doesn't show, and so the young boy sighs and casts his head down.

All while the princess plays with her newfound dragon, the one that was gifted to her by Vhagar. She's absolutely enamored by Rhaeyn. He's positively adorable in every sense. She cuddles him, coddles him, pets him, and nurtures him, all within the confines of her quarters within Driftmark.

But unfortunately, all good things must come to an end.

Rhaenyra bursts into her sister's room to hurriedly usher them both out of the castle. Vaemyra doesn't question it and holds Rhaeyn close to her stomach as she follows Rhaenyra down the steps of the castle where nobody seems to be.

And as they near the sand... a scream emerges from the walls of the castle. One filled with grief. But it's too late to turn back, for Rhaenyra is practically pulling her down the sand and to the grass where their dragons await, and all she's given are three words.

" Go to Dragonstone."

Rhaenyra then mounts Syrax and flies off without so much as another word, to which Vaemyra huffs. The lack of information isn't exactly something she's fond of.

Vaemyra then goes to mount her first child with Rhaeyn in her arms, but Drea lets out a puff of air and doesn't bring her wing down for Vaemyra to climb. But the mother tries to mount the dragon anyway, and in an instant, Drea turns around and roars in her mother's face, her throat heating up and nostrils flaring.

The princess steps back and shields the youngling from the hot breath of her first child who seems to throw a tantrum at the sight of a rival.

Or perhaps Drea just sees Rhaeyn as a snack.

" Gīda, Drea, gīda!" Vaemyra shouts in an attempt to calm the beast, " Bisa iksis aōha lēkia! ( This is your brother! )" but Drea only roars yet again, " Lykiri!"

Drea still growls from the back of her throat, eyes blinking just for a second as they set on the little baby dragon, and watches as her mother climbs up her wing to sit in the saddle.

" Soves."

The dragon may not be in the best mood, but listens to her mother as she flaps her wings to take off to the skies.

" Freya, soves."

And then Freya obeys the command of her mother and flies with Drea across the sea and over to Dragonstone as Vaemyra holds onto the baby with all her might. Soon enough, the dragons land on the ancestral homeland of House Targaryen, and Vaemyra dismounts with Rhaeyn still clutched in her hands. She eyes Drea as she walks, seeing the grand dragon sneer down at the child once more, while Freya doesn't care and hardly notices Rhaeyn's presence.

 She eyes Drea as she walks, seeing the grand dragon sneer down at the child once more, while Freya doesn't care and hardly notices Rhaeyn's presence