₁₀

Who would have thought that ten years after her wedding day, Princess Rhaenyra would be giving birth to her third child?

And who would have thought that Vaemyra would be a widow who barely has any moments of sobriety?

Two sisters who've ended up on two very different paths in life, and that couldn't be more clear by Rhaenyra's labor, for in this exact moment, Vaemyra is laying in her chambers nursing a hangover.

The heir endures yet another labor, but unfortunately for her, the Queen wishes to see the child. She insists on taking the babe herself, and eventually comes across her darling husband who helps her and walks with her through the castle to get to the Queen's chambers, with a quite awkward encounter with Ser Criston Cole.

But the moment the Princess and her husband enter the room, their met with the soft gaze of the Queen.

" Rhaenyra, you should be resting after your labors," Alicent speaks.

" I have no doubt you would prefer that, your grace," Rhaenyra nods.

" You must sit, " Alice states, " Talya, fetch a cushion for the princess."

" There's no need."

" Nonesense."

And across the castle, Vaemyra opens her eyes from the sound of her chamber doors opening, and sees her younger sister entering with a cup of tea in her hands.

" Drink," Helaena says as she hands over the cup.

" What blend is it this time?" Vaemyra questions as she groans and sits up in bed.

" Lavander, pine needle and thyme," The younger princess responds.

Vaemyra hums as she sips on the hot tea. She doesn't send Helaena off, but rather keeps her mouth shut and allows her to stay, even if the young girl stares oddly upon her face.

" An empty nest for the little dove," Helaena whispers.

" What?" Vaemyra asks, perking up for she couldn't fully understand the words.

" An empty nest for the little dove," Helena repeats, eyes meeting that of her sisters.

While many think Helaena is strange and quite odd, Vaemyra thinks she's absolutely fascinating, and happens to be the only person who can understand her perculiar idioms.

But this one in particular hits quiet hard, and it takes great strength for Vaemyra's tears to not spill down her face. Instead, she sniffs her tears away and sets the cup on the table, then gets up from the bed as she grabs her sister's hand.

" Come, help me get dressed."

And as Helaena helps her sister get dressed, her mother confirms her suspicion about yet another one of Rhaenyra's children and decides to make a snide comment to Ser Laenor in the form of;

" Do keep trying, Ser Laenor. Sooner or later you may get one that looks like you."

An obvious remark at the fact that Laenor's sexuality means that he and Rhaenyra aren't sharing a bed, but she certainly shares one with Ser Harwin, the very man who's watching Jace and Luke as they speak. Rhaenyra quickly retires to her chambers as Vaemyra gets her hair brushed by their younger sister.