³

The day of the tourney comes to King's Landing, a celebration for an heir still sitting in his mother's womb. The day of battle, disguised as a celebration, after a night of dread for some within the city when the Gold Cloaks ran rampant and slaughter those who had darkened their hearts with sin.

" Be welcome! I know many of you have traveled long leagues to be at these games. But I promise you will not be disappointed. When I look at the fine knights in these lists, I see a group without equal in our histories. And this great day has been made more auspicious by the news that I am happy to share: Queen Aemma has begun her labors! May the luck of the Seven shine upon all combatants!"

Rhaenyra takes her seat quickly and swiftly, sitting in between her sister and her best friend as the tourney begins. Vaemyra smiles up at her older sister, who in turn smiles back.

Their attention turns to the jousting before them, watching as knights get plunged off their horses and injured beyond belief.

A victorious knight comes forth to the viewing deck, and bows before the royals then rides off to the sidelines

" A mystery knight?" Rhaenyra asks.

" No a Cole, of the Stormlands," Alicent answers.

" Where are the Stormlands?" Vaemyra inquires.

" South of Kingslanding," The Lady responds.

" Princess Rhaenys Targaryen!" A Baratheon knight calls out from down below, " I would humbly ask for the favor of the Queen Who Never Was."

Despite the snide comment, the princess gives the knight her favor as the tourney continues and the drums begin.

" Lord Stokeworth's daughter is promised to that young Tarly squire," Rhaenyra comments.

" Lord Massey's son?" Alicent asks.

" They're to be married as soon as he wins his knighthood," Rhaenyra states.

" Best get on with it," Alicent tuts," I heard that Lady Elinor is hiding a swollen belly beneath her dress."

The Baratheon knight gets knocked off his horse, left to writhe in pain on the grounds of the tourney as the audience cheers in delight.

Ser Harold Westerlings kneels before the princess as she motions for him to come forth.  Rhaenyra asks about the mysterious Cole as Vaemyra eyes the horses down below.

She hates the idea that such beautiful creatures could get hurt whilst bearing their riders, but she always loves to watch them run.

Ser Criston Cole rides again, and is once more victorious as he knocks his opponent off the lovely stead.

But then, the royal family is at the center of focus. Prince Daemon Targaryen enters the pit as all other contenders line up. Daemon reveals in the cheers and applause as he rides his horse down the line of men until he points his lance at the knight in green.

" For his first challenge, Prince Daemon Targaryen chooses Ser Gwanye Hightower of Oldtown, eldest son of the Hand of the King!"

The drums continue as the knights leave the pit. Daemon and his challenge stand on either ends of the tilt barrier with a lance in one hand and a shield in the other.  Their horses heave as they prepare to attack, and not a moment later the horses go into a full gallop. Lances are faced towards one another.

Daemon gets hit by the Hightower knight, sending a smile to Otto's smug face.  But Daemon perceives, he picks up another lance and readies his horse to go again. The men ride their horses down the tilt barrier once more,  only this time, Daemon takes a cheap shot. He slices the skin of the horse the Hightower Knight rides upon, sending him hurdling towards the ground.