The Kiss

An eternity passed. Well really it was probably only a minute or so. But Cole continued to look at me.

"I'm going to kiss you now" 

Before I had time to respond. Or even process what Cole said to me he leant in gently caressing my cheek with one hand and reclaiming my hand in his other. His eyes were still on mine and everything seemed to slow down. His soft lips met mine and he lifted up my one hand and placed it above my head on the door. 

Never in my lifetime had I had a kiss this good. 

Cole began moving his lips, entering his tongue into my mouth and I moaned. I was so turned on right now. He pulled my forehead to rest on his and let my lips go. 

Holy fuck I just kissed Dimples. 

I began freaking out. My breathing went heavy and I could feel myself second guessing everything that I felt when he was kissing me. 

"Angel..." he began speaking. But I ran out before he could finish

-

The movie finished and PJ was still snoring in his chair. He's such a party poooper. This was his idea in the first place! 

After Cole kissed me I ran to my bathroom upstairs and had to wash my face with ice cold water. Trying to cool myself but to no avail. Every possible thought was rushing round my head. Why was Dimples kissing me? Was this a joke to him? He couldn't possibly like me? I snuck back downstairs, and sat down on the sofa. Shortly after Cole joined me not saying a work. Clearly knowing I was worked up and needed time to process everything. 

As the credits began to role, I started clearing up. Not wanting my mom to deal with the mess in the morning. I took PJ's hand gently out the popcorn bowl, along with the empty cans and glasses that littered the table. I walked to the kitchen and placed them down next to the sink. 

I began loading the dishwasher but my wrist was caught by a wandering hand. 

"Can we talk Angel?" the owner of the wandering hand said to me 

"It's okay." I responded "I know you didn't mean it" I carried on loading the dishwasher after he dropped hand. I couldn't look at him in the eye. Knowing my tears would fall. I was falling for Cole. But I knew he couldn't be falling for me. 

"What are you talking about?" he replied

"This may be a joke to you but it's not to me" I said now noticeably welling up. Cursing the kitchen light that was evidently showing my tears to him. 

"What makes you think this is a joke? said Cole

"How could you possibly like me like anything more than PJ's little sister?" I said now sniffing into the sleeve of my jumper. How attractive.

"I really do like you. I like you a lot Angel" he said walking closer to me and lifting me up onto the kitchen counter "If only you knew the way you make me feel" he wiped my tears with his hands and reached across the counter for a tissue for my nose. After blowing it, I leant into his chest and he put is arms around me. 

I looked back up at him and just stared into his eyes. Now at the same height as him , I was able to admire his beauty even more. I reached my hand up to play with his eyebrow piercing. 

"Do you really like me?" I said, still not quite believing that this had all just happened

"You might just be my favourite angel on this planet" he said and poked my nose. I laughed a little and had the overwhelming urge to kiss him again. 

Before I could lean into him, we heard a sound from the front room and broke away. He pretended to do the dishes and I just sat there bewildered on the counter. 

"Where did you guys go?" said PJ rubbing his eyes and making his way into the kitchen 

"You were passed out before the intro had even finished" I said laughing at him and pushing myself off the counter 

"Na ah, that's not true"

"Sorry bro but it is" laughed Cole. "Are you ready to go?" he then said. Closing the door to the dishwasher and walking towards my brother. 

"Yup" sounded my bother sleepily. "Bye sis"

"Goodnight" I replied. Cole was last out the door and sent winked at me before shutting it.

Well that was unexpected. 

I tossed and turned for what felt like hours in bed. It was only 2am but it felt even later. I just couldn't get to sleep. The events of our impromptu movie night playing on my mind. 

'Are you up?' I messaged Cole 

'Hi Angel' ~ Cole

'Do you really mean what you said earlier?' I asked. Completely second guessing everything once again

'I mean it Angel' ~ Cole 

I didn't reply. Instead just smiling to myself

'Can I take you out on a date this week to prove it? xx' ~ Cole 

'Wednesday ok?' ~ Cole 

'Wednesday sounds good xx'

I shut my phone off, placing it on charge. And I  nestled into my covers feeling like I could go straight to sleep now. I was going on a date!