Meeting Dimples

Lyla and I were getting ready up in my room. 

"Ugh I just don't know what to wear" I groaned to myself 

"We both know whatever you choose you will look smoking hot" reassured Lyla who was pulling up her dress "Zip me" she said in my direction 

"But I am 21 today Ly. I wan't to be more than smoking hot" I thought for a second "I wan't to be ravishing" I laughed to myself

This was going to be my year to shine. And there was no day like the present to get started on that wish. 

"What about that white dress your mom bought you a few weeks ago?" 

"Hmm, I will try it" I said walking in the direction of my closet and digging through the mess I had just made. 

"Perfect

"Perfect. You're so hot" said Lyla once I was in the dress she mentioned. "God I would kill to have a mom as cool as yours " she laughed 

She was right. My mom was pretty awesome, and being the only girl certainly had it's perks. 

I felt beautiful. And that was not a term I used to describe myself very often. My short 5 foot 2 frame was enhanced by this laced white dress. My tanned legs poking our the bottom. White heeled wedges with a gold buckle were on my feet. And my freshly manicured nails completed the look. This girl was on a  mission. A mission to find the man of my dreams! 

"Right now let me just sort my hair and then I will be ready"

I was looking forward to tonight. And having both my brother and Lyla there was going to make it even better. I had been to a couple of house parties at my brothers place before. As my mother mentioned earlier... ending up in a bush was not a highlight. But they were the best parties. Now I was 21 I hoped PJ wasn't going to be as overprotective of me. It was time for me to make my own decisions now. 

-

My brother called us from downstairs a little while later. Hair done, makeup on and heels in hand I walked down the stairs behind Lyla. It was no secret Lyla had a crush on my brother, but his man whore ways didn't let him notice her in that way. Maybe one day. 

"I know you're 21 now but you will always be my baby sister you know" said PJ putting his arm around my neck 

"Watch it" I shouted pushing him off "You'll mess up my hair"

"Always such  princess" PJ laughed whilst Lyla rolled her eyes and we got int the car. 

The Flying Ryders were playing at a nearby bar. Well close to my brothers house anyway. He said they had an hour or so before their set started so plenty of time to buy me my first birthday drinks and introduce me to the new bass player. I wonder if he would be as cute as the drummer Logan. Or how cute I thought he was before I found out he batted for the other team when I was 18. Can you just picture the disappointment on my horny 18 year old face. I had to imagine him in the ugliest ways possible to get rid of that crush. It was not an easy feat but now he is more like a big brother to me. 

"I mean what I said to mom Hattie. I'm in charge tonight and when I say that's enough, that's enough. I can't deal with the stress like last time when I lost you for 2 hours" 

"That was one time!" I said back almost angrily. He has another thing coming if he thinks I am going to sit around him all night. Hell no. This was my 21st and everyone was going to know it. I was confident when I was drunk. Something I always wanted to be but never could. It wasn't that I was hiding behind a mask, but I was scared of the consequences of putting myself out there. At least when you were drunk you had something to blame. 

I looked back towards Lyla who was sat in the back seat on her phone. 

"Don't look at me Hatts. I am getting fucking wasted tonight and no brother of yours is going to stop me" she said not once looking up from her phone 

"Guess you're stuck with me then" said PJ smuggly

"We will see about that" I muttered in response

-

After arriving at the packed out gig we were escorted through the side entrance to avoid the queues. Perks of being the bands little sister I guess. 

"Will you grab me a vodka and coke?" I said to my brother "Make it a double. I am going to the ladies room. Are you coming Ly?" 

"It's alright, you go. I'll meet you at the bar" She was too buys staring at my brother to even care. I just hope he never broke her heart

"Alright see you in a minute"

Walking towards the ladies all I could think about was how tonight was going to go. Hopefully lots of drink was involved and maybe even a boy would grace me with his presence.  I hoped my brother would back off and just let me enjoy my birthday too. 

Not really looking where I was going I tripped over something and fell face first onto the floor. Although I never quite made it to the floor, I ended up hovering above it. Almost like I was flying. Was I drunk already?

"Careful there angel" said a voice from behind me 

Suddenly I was pulled up from near the floor into a large pair of arms. I turned round to thank the kind man with the hunky voice that saved me and instead was met with the softest most mischievous dimples I had ever seen. 

His arms, that were still holding me up right, were covered in tattoos. An eyebrow piercing donned his right eyebrow and he had the most piercing blue and green eyes. 

It took me a moment to process what had happened and also that I was standing in front of the most handsomest man I had ever laid eyes on. 

"I am not an angel" I said pulling my arm out from his and crossing my arms over my chest

He chuckled. "Well then I must be dreaming" 

His confidence was almost arrogant. Like he was used to getting his own way. A mummy's boy but a mischievous one at that. His dimples told a thousand stories and I just wanted to find out more. But instead the mysterious man winked at me and walked off leaving me feeling dissatisfied. Who was this man and where could I find him again?