[06]

“I lost again.” You said as a defeated sigh escaped your lips, You gave the General a look and he seemed a bit satisfied and he had an amuse grin on his face. “I can't beat you in this game, can I?” You said and giggled before closing your eyes as you looked at your phone, A message from your assistant made your lips purse into a thin line.

“Well, I believe I need to go now.” You said as you slowly stood up getting your Doctor's coat, Jing Yuan opened the door for you. You looked at his amber colored irises; “General, You really are a handsome man.” You said making his eyes widened. The tension was heavy between the two of you and his lion looked at you two with confusion.

You laughed breaking the silence, “Well— I'm sure everyone likes you, But Do you have a lover?” You said boldly making him, purse his lips in a thin line. “My, Interested in me?” He said in a teasing tone as he brought his face closer to yours.

You gave him a small smile, “Just asking, After all a courageous, handsome General as yourself is what we're talking about, wouldn't it be a shame if you still have no beloved?” You asked. Jing Yuan laughed. “Unfortunately, I can't answer your question— Maybe when you finally win against me in the game of chess.” He said and chuckled.

“Well, you better wait for that day to come soon. Sooner or later I will get an answer.” You said and put on your coat adjusting it, as you gave him a little wink. Jing Yuan left with you, “General?” You asked. “It's best if I come with you after all it's already night time.”

Your hair flows within the cold breezing wind as you tuck a strand behind and smile. “I would appreciate it, General.” The two of you walked towards the Hospital. The walk was silent but it wasn't awkward— In fact it was far from it. All you felt was serene and protected.

His presence really is reassuring, Maybe that's why the people of Xianzhou trusted this man with all their life, You gradually understood. He was a man of his word and his actions. As the two of you now in front of the Hospital Building you gave him a smile. “Perhaps it's because of your kind or handsome nature, I grew to really like you, General.” Jing Yuan's eyes widened again as he went silent. Staring at you going back to the Hospital.

“Y/N..” He said as he saw your figure going further and further away. “Don't fall for a man like myself, I wouldn't be able to like nor love you back.” He said and left.

You looked at him going away from the hospital's window. “You really did piqued my interest, General Jing Yuan.” You said and let out a small giggle to yourself. “You look happy.” Your assistant said and you gave her a confused stare and shook your head. “Maybe I am.”

___

“Dr. Y/N, someone is looking for you.” Your assistant said, “Tell them I'll meet them now after this.” As you brought a spoonful of medicine towards a little grumpy boy. “It taste bitter! Blegh!” He said his face all scrunched up. You bopped his nose as you gave him a candy. “A little candy will make the bitterness go away.” You said and pat his head.

When you finally got away you saw Yanqing waiting for you sitting on your chair, when he saw you his eyes sparkled with joy and excitement. “Y/N! Y/N!” you pat his head, “Yanqing? What happened why did you visit me so suddenly? Are you hurt?”

“Well.. I wasn't planning to but. General said to come and see the soldier's condition so I just came by to see you too!” You nodded, “Well what do you think? Did you applied the ointment i gave for your wounds?” He nodded.

“Actually Y/N, May I invite you to lunch? With General of course!” You blinked after laughing— “Are you sure you're going to invite me? Wouldn't that spoil the son-and-father bonding for you two?” Upon hearing your words Yanqing blushed as he waved his hands on the air trying to explain himself.

“Y/N! W-W-What are you talking a-a-about!? What d-d-do you mean by son and f-father?!” You thought as you tilted your head in confusion, “Isn't General your father?” You asked the blond boy. He shook his head.

“N-No! General is just General, my mentor!” he explained. You tilted your head in much more confusion. “So.. General Jing Yuan is not your father..? He's not a single dad?” Yanqing facepalmed. “N-No! Who gave you that idea?!”

You pointed at him. “You, specifically.” Yanqing's brows raised while pouting. “Huh?! When?” he asked full of confusion, “I remember when you were still a kid you would hold Jing Yuan's hands. I saw it— unfortunately our first meeting wasn't that pleasant.” Now, Yanqing felt himself reddened from embarrasment.

“Wait what do you mean by wasn't pleasant? We met already? Huh?” He said. And you laughed, “I was the same girl who almost slipped back in the past the General had helped me. My dress was wet by the fish.” You explained, Yanqing tried so hard to remember and when he did his mouth agape and pointed at you.

“I remember now! You were the clumsy lady!” His words made invisible stab in your heart as you looked away, “Y-You didn't need to call me like that, I was just unlucky that day.” Yanqing's smile got even more wide as he grabbed your hands.

“Let's eat lunch with General, Y/N! Please Please!” Oh dear with that pleading eyes how could you refuse this one. You close your eyes and let out a defeated sigh, “I guess.. I could go.” Yanqing's eyes sparkled.