[04]

It was a peaceful morning, You were checking up on the patients as usual stabilizing and helping them, When all of you got a notification on your phones you looked at it but it was just a warning message saying that the front lines were being bombed by the enemy. The soldiers were worried for their fellow colleagues but they were wounded themselves.

You prayed that nothing happened to the Xianzhou Soldiers. And war would be over. Unfortunately given the circumstances that might be too much to ask. "Dr. Y/N!" Your eyes widened as you saw a soldier wounded you quickly treated him and many more soldiers were coming to the hospital. But a certain boy was making a fuss.

"Let me go! General Jing Yuan needs me!" The blond boy said struggling free from the soldier's grasp, he was wounded and the soldiers tried their best to caom him down. "Lieutenant please calm down, You are wounded it's best for you to be treated immediately. The general can handle himself!"

The young boy was more angerier. But you interrupted them as you took out your scent packet, It was a little trick you do when a patient doesn't do what he's told. You stuck it on his back as he slowly closed his eyes. "Now then.. please go and lay him down on the bed." You said to the soldiers and in which they immediately obeyed. You treated his wounds it was quite fatal, for a young boy to be in such state.

When you turn your heel you saw the General, He had a few bruises but that's it. He wasn't wounded or anything. "General?!" You asked and he smiled but you studied the physical expression of your patients and he seemed to be trying to hide his pain. You unconsciously took him nearby to make him seat as you grabbed the medical box.

"Thank you for working hard and protecting the nation, General." You said and gently took care of his wounds, His eyes widened as he stared at your focused (E/C) colored eyes. He chuckles, "That's the first time someone has ever thanked me for saving the nation.

Maybe someone had but maybe he forgot. You pressed the cotton swab on his cheek and looked directly on his amber eyes, The silence engulfing as you continued to clean his bruise. And him watching you staring at you.

When all was done he checked on the little boy laying on the bed, As he took a good look around and saw that there were only a few medical equipment around, "Are they.. doing okay?" his question made you stop. He must have meant his men, and soldiers.

"Some of them had injuries, and wounds. Some of them.. I- just.." You closed your eyes, Yes you cured them but you didn't know if they have the will to even survive driven by their fear, or how bad and fatal their wounds were.

"They must've been through a lot." Jing Yuan said with a empathetic smile. "Can I go see them?" He asked and you nodded. "Let me show you to the room." You said and guided him to a the room where his men were currently being treated and resting.

The room was full of soldiers and the medical staffs were doing their best, With their time and efforts. Jing Yuan noticing this as he looked at you. "Dr. Y/N. Is there anything I can do to repay you for treating my student?" You looked up at him in confusion, "Huh? Treating you and the Little Lieutenant is part of my job i don't need any payment for it General." You said.

Jing Yuan chuckled, "I insist, please tell me something as your repayment I will do everything in my power to make it come true." He said, You couldn't help but think. "Well.. If you really want to. Then please raise the medical funding, This way we can gather more pills, equipment, and medicines." You said as you nod and smiled. Jing Yuan's amber eyes stared at yours as he hummed.

"It's something I can grant for sure, And aside from that I'll also increase the staff's wage. You all deserved it for working at giving your all for the soldiers." You looked at him shocked your mouth parted slightly as you let out a giggle. "Thank you, General." She smiled.

The two of you went to the other rooms but naturally you two talked about some things.

"Dr. Y/N, What made you want to become a doctor?" You thought about it for a moment and smiled, Sign of longing and adoration could be seen in your eyes. "Well there was one person, But this dream of mine i realized after seeing the children being sick, And I wanted to be the one who treats them." You said and tucking your hair, Jing Yuan's eyes were still focused on you.

"I see. You are really so trustworthy. You really are your master's apprentice." He gave you a small smile you looked up as your cheeks started to heat up. Your heart started to beat faster, "T-Thank you.." You said as you walked a little faster to the room. Noticing your expression made Jing Yuan let out a small sigh and laugh.

As Jing Yuan saw the other soldiers in the room he talked to them, Comforting them and you looked in a distance, Heart still racing as your eyes trailed his back. It was just a simple compliment yet your heart was about to burst, Cheeks were red. "Calm down... Remember, he's danger." You said as you looked at him, biting your lips.

Danger..

But what part of him was dangerous? You asked yourself. Well was it because he was a general? Was it because he is a single father? Or was it because he was extremely good looking that it was bad for your heart? Maybe all of them? Distracted to your thoughts you didn't notice him staring at you, chuckling.