Chapter 54: A Possible Solution to the Voices

Beginne am Anfang

"Saorise, Caroline, TJ, Angelo, Othelia, well done for all of you." Herakles congratulated the five students. "Jack, Vedmak, Simo, you three come with us. We need to host a meeting about this. Simo, get your girlfriend."

"Hold up, since when the hell do you have a girlfriend?" Jack asked his sniper, and Jack saw that his face went somewhat red underneath his mask.

"She's not my girlfriend." Simo corrected Jack. "She's just some random fairy who walked up to me and said 'you're my soulmate and I am yours. So let's get married' and now she won't stop bugging me whenever I'm in Sanctuary."

"DARLING!"

"We'll speak of the devil and she will arrive."

Everyone turned their attention to a ball of golden light that was heading towards Simo with no signs of stopping. The light landed right in front of Simo and it began to take the form of a tall, blonde woman with fairy wings. There were also smaller fairy-looking things hovering around her, sprinkling flower petals around her.

"Simo, accept my feelings!" The fairy woman pointed at Simo overdramatically. "Marry me!"

"No." Simo flatly refused the woman's advances and began to follow Herakles to the office.

"Ah, good, Titania, come on, we have a meeting." Herakles greeted the fairy woman, who pouted upon her rejection from the sniper.

(Later)

Jack was at Herakles' office with the rest of the 'secret stuff squad'. This squad consisted of Mansa, Catherine, the Librarian, Juana, Eddy, Maria, Sobek, Nikola, Elizabeth, Cheng, Maui, Lorelei, Hero, Geppetto, Titania, and Herakles. Now, the squad had three more members, Korot, Anton, and Vedmak. Korot and Anton were in the medical bay, so only Vedmak was in the office with them all. Jack was sitting on a chair with Catherine and Juana, while Simo, Mansa, and Titania stood behind them.

"So, everyone, this is Vedmak." Cheng introduced Vedmak. "Like Maria and Eddy, he's a classmate of ours who helped us fight against 'them'. But he's one of the few who actually survived."

"Plus he's a warlock, so he's a good source to investigate what 'her' deal is." Geppetto suggested while Mansa handed Jack a bag, inside the bag Jack saw a wicker Cornucopia, a red colored buckler shield, a flag on a silver flag pole, and a blanket that was gold on one side and navy blue on the other side.  Four artifacts by names of, Master Maid, Red Coat Counter, Arrival, and Incredible Thing respectively.

"So, jumping straight to business." Vedmak gathered the attention of everyone in the room. "These voices...despite us warlocks making pacts with numerous entities, hearing voices is an abnormality that only happened once before with 'her'. Now I'm hearing about a new one, and what's more is that it's her granddaughter, so I'm assuming it's a kind of mutation."

"I don't think it's a genetic problem." Elizabeth raised her hand. "I can't hear the voices even with my psychic abilities."

"That's because the mutation itself isn't what's causing the voices, it's like a receiver for these voices." Vedmak theorized. "This is all pure speculation, but since I've left this shithole, I've done nonstop research to figure out the cause of all of this shit."

"So we can just cut out the mutation and be done with it?" Maui asked with a hefty yawn, and the couch he sat on looked like it was designed for a child compared to his size.

"Can someone explain to me why a man who relies solely on muscle power became a teacher here?" Vedmak pointed at Maui, who didn't even look offended.

"He's got his perks." Herakles looked at Vedmak. "So Vedmak, is there any way to remove this mutation like Maui suggested?"