1.6

September 11th, 1939

☆☆☆☆☆

I wake up to Deirdre shaking me violently.

"Bloody hell, Deirdre! What's your problem?" I grumble, shoving her away and rolling over onto my stomach.

"We're late for class! We're late, we're late!" She panics.

"Deirdre, dear..." I sigh. "It's Sunday."

She goes quiet for a moment before I hear a loud thump.

I sit up immediately, looking over and seeing Deirdre lying on the floor, on her back, staring at the ceiling. "I'm really stupid."

I let out a loud cackle. "You're not stupid, Deirdre. Just a little..." I take a moment to find the right word. "Special."

She glares at me before standing up. "You can agree with me, you know. I know I'm a little slow. But anyways, I guess I might as well go ahead and get dressed, since we're already up." She walks off to her wardrobe, grabbing a handful of clothes and then going into the bathroom.

I mumble to myself, "yeah, maybe I should get ready too." I get up out of bed and change quickly next to my bed before Deirdre comes out of the bathroom. Once she comes out, I go in, pinning up my hair and washing my face.

"y/n, come on! I want breakfast!" Deirdre complains.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm coming!" I finish up in the bathroom and walk out with Deirdre, going to the Great Hall for breakfast.

On the way there, I spot Tom Riddle dragging a poor boy by his ear into the bathroom, looking particularly angry. Instead of going to investigate, I ignore it, planning on using it for fuel later. Riddle really is turning me into a right prick, at least when it comes to him.

"I wonder what that was all about," Deirdre says as we walk into the Great Hall, sitting at the Slytherin table.

We sit in a comfortable silence while eating our breakfast until here comes Tom Riddle to ruin the so far good day.

Tom storms up to me. "Come with me."

I click my tongue. "I'm hungry. I don't want to come with you, I want to eat my breakfast. You know, the thing that you should be doing instead of terrorizing people," I tell him, looking him in the eyes. The people around us "ooh" at my statement.

"y/n McGonagall, I swear, if you don't come with me right now-"

I cut him off. "What are you going to do? Hurt me? You. Wouldn't. Dare. Not when there are so many witnesses, including the headmaster himself," I gesture towards Professor Dippet. "Now, that would just be quite ignorant. Wouldn't you say, Riddle?" I cock my head, a devious smile plastered on my face.

"You know what, y/n? Forget it. I was actually going to be nice to you, but it doesn't matter anymore, you clearly don't want my help." Tom rolls his eyes and starts to walk away, but I grab his wrist and yank him back.

"Two things, Riddle. One, why would I need your help for anything, considering what all I know about you, and two, what in the world would I need your help for to begin with?" I let his wrist go once he turns around to face me.

"Well, McGonagall, if you'll just come with me, you'll know the answers to both of those questions." Tom smiles back at me with the same deviousness at the one I shot at him.

My smile drops and I roll my eyes, standing up to follow him to the abandoned classroom that he first threatened me in.

He shuts the door behind us and sits on top of one of the desks.

"So, what are you talking about?" I start, standing in front of me with my arms folded over my chest.

"Well, I overheard the person I was "terrorizing" this morning talking to his friend about you."

"Okay, and why did you feel the need to insert yourself? If it was something that would have caused me harm, you should know that I can handle myself." I shifted my weight onto my right leg, raising an eyebrow.

"Because they weren't talking about just hurting you, they were talking about killing you."

☆☆☆☆☆

Ooh, the drama! Sorry, it's been so long since my last update! I'm trying to get better with it. I'm planning on updating again sometime either today or tomorrow to try and make up for it. Hope you enjoyed! Have a good day/night/evening, and I love you!

Word count: 751