Meggy's Realization (I.N. Original Short)

Presents

Presents

Meggy's Realization
(An I.N. Original Short)

Featuring:

Meggy

Luigi

Mario

Meggy: *thoughts* It's been two days since Mario left the hospital. He's clearly still weak, but gaining strength every day. He was back to being his original goofball self after only twelve hours. I've been the main one aside from his brother to watch over him since he got out. I don't think me and Luigi ever had so much time to catch up. It was nice, actually.

Meggy laid on the couch in Mario's living room as the early morning sun was beginning to rise. Her eyes were slowly beginning to open as she heard movement nearby.

She looked to her side as she laid on her back to see Luigi walking slowly into the kitchen, clearly trying to remain quiet. He jumped a bit when he realized Meggy was awake.

Luigi: Oh! Y-You're up early.

Meggy: Guess I just can't sleep anymore.

She sits up on the couch, rubbing her tired eyes. Luigi noticed she had one of Mario's shirts on. She had been staying here since Mario was discharged from the hospital, and didn't even bother running home to grab a change of her own clothes, so she had just borrowed some of Mario's.

The clothes were clearly a bit big on her, but she didn't seem to mind.

She stood slowly to her feet, pushing her arms out to stretch.

Luigi: You do know that you are completely welcome to run home and get a change of clothes. I can wake Mario up.

Meggy: Thanks, but I'd rather stay.

The smell of the coffee maker hit her.

Meggy: You brewing?

Luigi: Just enough for you too if you want.

Meggy: I'll gladly take some.

Luigi pulls the coffee pot out as it beeps, and pours some into a mug for himself and a second one for Meggy.

Luigi: You like cream and sugar?

Meggy: Just a little bit of both.

Luigi adds her desired add-ons and stirs it in before handing it to her. She winced immediately as she takes a sip.

Luigi: Careful, it's hot.

Meggy gives him a short glare.

Meggy: ...Thanks for the warning.