I got so lucky to have a best friend whose mom is an OBGYN.

[May 17, 2025]

"Julie is great, she'll be good," Jack paces around the room, already starting to worry over anything and everything. "Yes, she is great. So let her be great," I rest a hand on his shoulder, kissing his cheek to settle him down. He nods his head, twisting his wedding band until she walks in. "Julie!" Jack calls out, hugging her tightly as she pinches his cheeks. "How are you doing, Dad?" she elbows him softly.

All the relief Jack felt leaves his body when he remembers that's why we're here. "Stressed, worried, just want to make sure both of my loves are okay."He tells her and she nods her head before making her way over to me. "And how are you, mama? How are you feeling?" She asks, taking my hands in hers.

"I'm good, I get morning sickness and I'm already really sensitive to certain foods and smells," I tell her as she slides some gloves over her hands. "Okay, well that's all very normal. Today we're just going to run some tests and see how far along you are," She smiles as she runs through all the tests before lifting my shirt and warning me about the gel.

"Okay, let's see your baby," She smiles moving the wand around my stomach. I honestly see nothing until she giggles softly. "There they are," she zooms in so Jack and I can see our baby. "Josie, you're about 10 weeks pregnant. Meaning your due date should be around the end of December or early January." She says as tears flow out the sides of my eyes.

"Okay," I giggle softly, wiping the constant flow of tears off my face. Jack's staring at the picture of our baby that is about the size of a strawberry, sniffling as he walks his tears with me. "They're so perfect," He chuckles, rubbing his eyes before kissing my cheek over and over again. Julie gives me a date for our next appointment before giving us both big hugs before leaving.

Jack and I walk to our car where we both start sobbing. "I just can't believe it," I laugh, looking at the picture of our little one. "My little baby strawberry," Jack pouts, trying so hard to stop crying. "Oh man, this is insane." I saw, lifting my shirt to see my still flat stomach.

After we stop crying we drive home, picking up some Thai food before going home. New craving unlocked. "Now how do we tell the boys?" I ask him, we already agreed on telling them while we're in Michigan because everyone will be there but how do we tell them?

[June 7, 2023]

"Jack, hurry!" I yell, getting my husband's attention as he runs to the room with a scared look on his face. "What? Why? Are you okay?" He looks around as I start to feel bad for scaring him. "Aw, I'm sorry I didn't mean to scare you but look." I pull him closer and lift my shirt to show him my new bump.

Jack melts when he sees the small curve of my belly

Jack melts when he sees the small curve of my belly. "Hi baby, you wanna come say hi?" he asks, before pressing a kiss to my stomach. "Josie, they just wanted to make an appearance," he smiles, kissing my bump over and over again. He climbs up on the bed beside me, cuddling into my side as he lays his hand on my bump.