Chapter 4

The only thing on Warby's mind after securing the presidency was visiting Peace. They talked every night on the phone but he had not seen her in months. Interestingly her country had the exact same events going on. She had also won the presidency and to celebrate Warby was going to ride a train to meet her. When they saw each other at the train stations emotions overflowed. They both broke down and embraced each other. To them the war and everything that happened in it was a distant memory and they were truly happy.

Over the next few months Warby and Peace enacted change in their respective countries. The bitterness and anger of the war had subsided. Dingos and kangaroos were living peacefully again. To add to this on the 2 year anniversary of the ending of the war Warby and Peace announced that they would be combining the two countries into one. Kangaroos and dingos were together now and everyone was overjoyed. Peace had changed Warby. He went from a vengeful racist and turned into a loving president. After 4 years in office they both stepped down and were marked as the best presidents of either country and the first co-presidents of Kangaroo-Dingo nation. They enacted reform and changed not just the laws of the countries but their outlooks too. The population of the country combined was now 3 million and the economy had rebounded. This was far greater than both countries' pre-war measures could have ever been.

As far as Warby and Peace's relationship went they ended up getting married and moving into a house together. They did not have any kids as that would make absolutely no sense and would ignore biology but they were extremely happy. Their relationship had inspired other kangaroos and dingos to marry and over the coming years the practice was completely normal. Both nations were completely changed by the war. After the war both of them were poorer and had less people. After 2 coups and a bunch of reforms in both countries the people finally had two leaders who actually cared. All it took for this to happen was some peace by love.