Opening Chapter 1

The Racist Kangaroo And The Black Dingo

By Jonathanronathan_234

There were clear skies, a bright sun, and cool weather on a Friday afternoon. Everything seemed to be going perfect. However there was panic amongst the kangaroo population. The dingos were threatening war against the kangaroos due to the constant attack levied against them by violent kangaroo groups crossing the border into their country. The kangaroos leadership claimed that these attacks were not at all endorsed by them. This rang on deaf ears and by Saturday morning the threats of war were going to get all too real. At 9 AM that morning members of the ADC (Anti-Dingo Club) bombed a post office inside the capital city Dingoville. This post office was just a few blocks away from the capital hall. This was the final straw for the dingos. President Rupert Gilligan declared war on the kangaroos and announced a general mobilization of over 50,000 dingos. The Kangaroo President Alabama Asphalt read this declaration out to the rest of the government staff. This was terrible news. The current Kangaroo military only had 5,000 active members out of a population of 1,000,000. The problem between the 2 countries was an ideological one. The dingos believed in a form of active neutrality where 200,000 out of their 400,000 population was always combat ready. While the kangaroos believed in education above the military. This had led to the kangaroos having a literacy rate of 98% while the dingos only had a literacy rate of 60%. This led to the kangaroos having a smarter but defenseless country. It was up to Alabama Asphalt to rally the kangaroos in the country to go fight the dingos. He used many propaganda tactics to make the kangaroos hate the dingos. He also encouraged any kangaroos of fighting age to volunteer for the military before installing a draft. These methods were harsh but effective as 300,000 volunteers geared up for the war. One of these volunteers being Warby Slaughter.

Warby Slaughter had been born from a long line of military veterans and had always looked for the perfect chance to join a war. He was a very active kangaroo, exceeding all physical requirements laid out by the military. He was also very intelligent having perfect grades throughout his education while also having an IQ of 160. Most important of all though he hated the dingo population. Warby despised everything about them. According to him everything Alabama Asphalt had been saying was true and not for a moment did he think otherwise.

"I sure can't wait to kill those dingers, '' Warby said to the recruitment officer. Little did Warby know the true horrors of war. With only 5,000 active members at the time of the invasion there was only so much the KAM (Kangaroo Active Military) could do. They had to resort to guerilla tactics which while it led to a high number of dingo casualties, sacrificed a large amount of land. At the Battle of Kangarookamp 4,000 dingo soldiers were killed to just 100 kangaroo soldiers. However the kangaroos did lose the town to the dingos which led to over 2,000 civilian executions. Warby saw this and his resentment grew ever more for the dingos. His fellow kangaroos were slaughtered innocently. Unfortunately basic training was 8 weeks so there wasn't much he could do.

For Warby basic training wasn't anything too difficult. He was ready for war; he just needed to get out. By the time warby got out of basic training 4,000 kangaroo soldiers, 80,000 dingo soldiers and over 100,000 kangaroo civilians were killed. The numbers were appalling. To add to this the dingos had taken over 40% of the kangaroos land. This war was not even close. However with 300,000 kangaroo volunteers coming out of basic training the war was about to turn in their favor. Within the first week of these new recruits coming out the kangaroos had regained 10% of their land. The dingos were forced to retreat over and over again. For dingo General Monty Sunrise this was too much. He ordered no more retreats be given out. General Monty Sunrise ended up paying the price however. With 50,000 dingo casualties within the first week to just 10,000 kangaroo casualties they had no choice but to retreat. Within the next month the kangaroos had pushed the dingos all the way back to the border. Warby was ecstatic. With so many dingo soldiers dying however this led to dingo civilians being caught up in the fighting. Women and children were forced to pick up arms for their authoritarian government in order to defend their homes. The dingo government ordered a draft for everyone above the age of 6. Now everyone was caught up in the fighting. This led to brutal scenes of 6 year old children slaughtered by groups of psychopathic kangaroos. For 1 dingo however she opted to serve as a field medic. This dingo's name was Peace Bylove.

Peace Bylove was an odd dingo. Her coat was black. She always stuck out in every photo being the only black dingo in her country. She had actually become somewhat of an urban legend. With all of these rumors thrown around about her the real her became lost. What she actually was, was a kind-hearted and nice dingo. Peace did not believe in war at all. The only reason she ended up getting into the war in the first place instead of dodging the draft like some of the dingos did is because her brother Freedom Bylove was killed during the third week of war. She never forgot that moment and said that if she were ever called up to fight she would make sure to serve as a medic. She did not want to kill any other beings, she just wanted to help any other beings, Whether they were enemies or allies. For Peace it was off to war immediately. The first battle she would have to serve in would be the battle of Dingo-Ditch.