The two soon found themselves witnessing something they wished they didn’t, Octavius had full on punched Teddy before he stormed out of the room, or more in particular out of the building. The roman was quite impulsive as of lately and it was confusing them all. Jedidiah was quite confused until he caught on that it was Tahmunrah who had said something in ancient Latin which Octavius had understood and so had Teddy after studying it. Teddy had mumbled something that was actually an insult to the roman. It had taken the two sentences to send Octavius into an explosive mood, he almost broke Teddy’s nose until Jed had pulled him away and told him to go cool off which was normally the other way around for the two. 

“Woah, dare I ask what happened?” Nick’s voice had the attention turned to the young night guard standing just behind his own dad, while beside him was Ahkmenrah, the young king remained firmly behind his brother who almost shielded him.

“You don’t want to know but what we do want to know is; what do we do with our new problem?” Larry said while rubbing his nose in frustration, having the night ‘actors’ awake was causing more than a headache for the night guard. Tahmunrah equalled a migraine. 

“Ahkmen, do you have any ideas?” Dr McPhee turned to his adoptive son who smiled while leaning into Nick. 

“The tablet works in mysterious ways, it is clear that during our prayers. Our heartfelt wishes were heard and…” 

“Are you saying it was me who brought back this traitorous scumbag of a…” 

“Kahmunrah! Language!” Shepseheret warned, her elder son rolling his eyes while Tahmunrah grinned, this was humorous. Ahkmenrah could only nod at his brother who groaned when he thought back to why. 

“Are you saying until Kahmunrah works out why the ancients heard his prayer for his brother to be back that we are stuck with Tahmunrah?” Sacagawea exclaimed, Ahk could only nod and yawn which brought several groans around the room. 

“Gigantor, what do we do?” Jed turned to his long-time partner. Larry sighed, rubbing his face he could only smile, “First things first, we keep Tahmunrah and Octavius apart before we have another fight on our hands. Secondly, you best all get ready, the night is upon us and Thirdly, Attila if you don’t mind, you and Lancelot can share your apartment with Tahmunrah. Lastly, Ahkmenrah bed” Larry instructed.  

All instructions were simple, Ahk could only groan. He knew it was only around 16:00 but his mild panic attack had made him more tired than he normally was. He sighed and with a nod, he took Dexter to have a nap leaving the others to deal with the problem at hand. Nick smirked, tucking the two of them in before claiming to go out for food and look for the missing roman which Jed reassured would be easy to find since the cowboy knew his roman very well.

Sighing to himself, Jedidiah wrapped his coat tightly around his body as he walked through central park all the way to the place where the small remote control car crashed for the first time. Thinking back to all of them years ago, their first adventure outside the museum almost cost them their lives but then again, it was the same night, Jed realised he had feelings for his roman counterpart. With another sigh, Jed continued walking until he found himself smiling, there standing beside one of the trees or more in particular leaning against it while watching the water was his partner or more importantly his lover. 

“Octo? Are you there?” Jed waved his hand in front of his partner who was quick to snap out of his thoughts and smile, until his smile faltered seeing his lover shiver with the cold. Octavius was quick to remove his coat and wrap Jed up in it knowing the cowboy never put on enough layers for the wintery nights of New York that were clearly on their way.

It was clear as mud that whatever Tahmunrah had said to the roman that it was affecting Octavius' judgement. Jed could do nothing but hold his partner close until the roman told him about it. Deciding to leave it for now, Jed led the way back to their apartment all the way to their bedroom. 

Two days later…

Yes, it had been two days since Tahmunrah had appeared but it was also the same amount of days that Octavius hadn't slept. The roman wasn't sleeping and he wasn't speaking to Teddy, the older man never translated what he said but it had put a small crack in the relationship between the former roman and president. Larry was sick of the tension in the room and decided enough was enough, he was going to ask what had been said. 

"Okay, you two are really starting to bug me? What in the universe did you say to make Octavius explode like that?" Larry turned to his old friend, Teddy only sighed, he had regretted the words the instant they came out of his mouth. 

"I will start, 'Loyalties lie nowhere even out of family', the roman just has an explosive temper. That's nothing compared to what the old man said over there" Tahmunrah said with a grin from where he was standing in between Attila and Lancelot, the two eyed the Egyptian man up.

All attention turned to Teddy, even the Egyptian brothers who were discussing something. Octavius wasn't exactly in the room but his partner was, the roman was speaking to Dr McPhee next door. 

"I said something that I regret so much. I wish I could take it back but it's already been said" Teddy sighed, a hand in his own made him feel the comfort of his lovely partner who had Dexter in her lap.

"I counter said that 'the loyalty of the roman was clearly not shown through the death of his daughter'. I didn't mean it and have been wanting to apologise but it's clear Octavius wants nothing to do with…"

"Of course he won't forgive you! Octo, is nothing but loyal. His daughter's death wasn't his fault so don't you dare question his loyalty!! I swear to my mama and back, if your words have made him do something stupid. I will find the nearest horse and teach you a cruel punishment that was fun back in my day!" Jed exploded, he then went to storm out when Tahmunrah muttered something else in Egyptian that had Kahmunrah glaring at his brother. 

"And you! I don't care what you said there but you hurt my roman again, we will be having words!" Jed shouted, he then punched the man before leaving the room in search of his partner. 

"Really Ted?" Larry rubbed his nose at the president who only hung his head. Sacagewa only sighed, rubbing his back, she knew words hurt more than anything but she also knew that the roman was more annoyed at himself for reacting than anything. 

"I know I'm sorry but…" 

"At least you are, I can't wait to…"

"You! Shut up! One more word out of you and I will send you to the gods myself! Octavius is off limits!" Ahks voice had everyone turning to see the youngest Egyptian brother had lost it. Ahk was furious, whatever Tahmunrah had been mumbling about, definitely had Ahk furious and for them all to hear the romans name had all their defences up. 

"Okay, all of you. Get ready! We have a show tonight! To get on with!" Dr McPhee called out, he entered the room unaware of what had just happened. Larry looked at him with wide eyes only to nod as he grabbed his backpack. Nick ran off to grab his and Ahks stuff, the two would be at the reception desk, Ahk wasn't dressing up with how sore his chest was at the minute. Tahmunrah could smile smugly at Kahmunrah who could feel the tensions growing.

I must apologise for the very late chapter! Next update should be within two weeks, the book is almost to the end but hopefully we make it to twenty chapters!
Thank you to all who have taken an interest in this book! I will try to update asap but can't promise anything! :)