10.

Jade.

It's been a few months since Chris has been on tour and as much as I miss him to pieces, I love how dedicated he is to checking up on me and Zaria while doing what he loves.

From the late night calls, to sending in flowers at either my job or at the house, or even going as big as bringing a catering service to feed me and Zaria brunch, breakfast or dinner.

He's just the sweetest father and husband that I couldn't be more grateful for.

My mom decided to come down to LA for the week and help out with baby Zaria to give mommy her me time, which I gladly appreciate by the way.

"Thanks for coming down mom, I'm really glad you came" I smile while looking at her and her granddaughters bonding.

"Of course, it's nothing when it comes to my babies" She smiles, "So how's everything?"

I sighed,"It's been pretty lonely to be honest. Literally all I do is work, take care of her and repeat. I didn't realize how reliant I've been on Chris and his company" I say with a slight pout.

My mother giggles, "That's your husband sweetheart, of course you're gonna be reliant on him and his presence. That's what a marriage and family is all about. Or, at least what it should be" She explains.

I nod my head in agreement, "True"

"So, have you've been keeping in contact with your father lately? Your brother says they've been keeping in "so-so" touch recently, his words not mine" She follows with a little laugh.

"I haven't heard from him as of late, but I do try to keep in contact as best as I can. It's hard when this little one keeps me a busy body" I smile while massaging her curly hair, "He's supposed to be getting out of his rehab facility soon"

My mom then raises her eyebrows, "Oh really?"

"Yeah, that's what he told me. Hopefully he's gotten his gambling addiction under control. And as crazy as it sounds, I'm actually impressed to see him make a change for himself and his family"

My mother scoffs, "Hmph, you and me both" She then stands up on her feet while holding Zaria, "Well, hopefully with the chance that God has gave him with the second family he's created, he doesn't chose the path of walking away again"

Reading in-between the lines, I completely understand my mother still feeling ill towards my dad. The things that happened in their relationship, their marriage, him hardly being in me or my brother's life is still a hard pill to swallow. But I'm willing to see the good of what could come out of all this.

"Sometimes I'm still disgusted that your father was so egoistic to bring another child into this world when he already has an adult daughter and teenage son. Children are a blessing but..." She trails.

"Mom-"

"What? I'm just speaking truth, he has bigger demons to deal with and clearly is leaving that child alone with the mother to recover from the same issues and trauma he didn't want to face with you or your brother. It's sad to be honest" My mom says bluntly.

"At least he's trying mom. You gotta give him that" I defend.

"I suppose, I'm just proud of how well you're taking to your new sibling"

"Whom I have yet to see, Julia is hard to contact, but she's probably going through the same thing that I deal with when it comes to Zaria" I assume.

"Funny how Zaria is an aunt at such a young age already" I chuckle at the thought.

"It's...different, but, it is what it is" Before I could finish my thought, my phone rang, picking it up, it was a FaceTime call from both Samantha and Kiki.