The Mikaelson Ball

Start from the beginning

Knitting my brows at the girl I asked softly. "If they are so protective of you then why are you here exactly?"

"The original witch invited me. Apparently she wants to speak with me alone about something." The brunette responds.

Glancing over my shoulder back at the staircase I could see that she was indeed watching us from above. "I wish I could tell you what she wanted to tell you but I don't know anything about it. What I can tell you though is the Salvatore Brothers have nothing to fear from me. Klaus has no intention of using me as a weapon against you and your friends. He's simply offered me a home and protection from my own monstrous family."

"What do you mean monstrous family?" She asked.

Sternly looking at her I decided to tell her what she really wanted to know. "My Coven tricked me into killing my twin brother. Have a nice dance, Elena." Turning on my heels I could faintly hear Damon ask her.

"Why were you talking with the enemy witch?"

Clutching my hands into fists I was getting really annoyed with him anymore. I might just consider throwing his ass around since I revealed the other night that I have enough power to take the Originals to their knees. Some people pushed me around where I nearly tripped until someone put a hand on my waist. I grabbed their forearm making them wince siphoning some magic until they spoke up. "Ah! Raelyn, it's me, love."

"Oh sorry, Klaus." I apologize quietly removing my hand from his arm.

He cleared his throat, removing his hand from my waist and offering up his right hand instead with a slight bow like I was a queen. "May I have this dance, M'Lady?"

"Yes." I snorted a laugh at him placing my hand in his letting him lead me into the crowd with everyone else getting in line for the dance. Placing one hand on his shoulder he put his other on my waist keeping our other hands intertwined together.

"You seem nervous. Your heart's beating faster." He pointed out making me roll my eyes at his vampire hearing.

"Is this going to be like the dances we practiced?"

He said. "Yes, except we will have to switch partners occasionally."

"Switch partners!"

He leans forward nuzzling his nose against mine chuckling. "Don't worry, little siphon. If any of my siblings becomes your partner they all know the moves quite well."

The music began playing where everyone started spinning around the room in step with the tunes that were being played. Klaus squeezed my hand twirling me out and back into his chest a few times making me smile. "Let me try to twirl you now."

"Alright let's see you try, Rae." He smiled when he removed his hand from my waist. I let go of his shoulder. I raised my arm as high as I could where our hands were still intertwined and he spun out. Yet when I spun him back in I did it faster than I thought where we tumbled to the ground causing some of the people dancing beside us to break away and send us glaring looks. "We might have to work on that one, love."

I chuckled, hugging my knees to my chest even though I had a dress on watching him get to his feet offering me his hand. "Yeah you're probably right, Nik. Thanks." He tugged me up to stand with our chests pressed up against one another beginning to get back into the dance routine.

"Don't panic darling but we have to switch now." He told me where I gulped nervously letting him twirl me out of his arms with my blonde hair throwing around in the air.

A new set of hands caught me where my gaze lifted up meeting the brown eyes of Kol. "Hello darling, fiery witch."

"Hi Kol. I hope you know this dance like your brother said. I've only had a few lessons." I responded by placing my hands where they needed to be and we began the dance once more.