Chapter 9 - One Beer

Cassidy's POV
Our week in Mississippi is over before we know it and I'm sad to be leaving everyone again, but Michael and I have a wedding to attend.

"We're gonna miss you, Aunt Cassidy." Olivia says between sobs. Her and Levi are hugging me tightly and don't want to let go.

"What am I? Chopped liver? My niece and nephew really not gonna miss me?" Michael asks. He kneels down and the twins run over to him, giving a big hug.

"We'll miss you too, Uncle Michael." Olivia and Levi say. Michael smiles and kisses them both on the forehead.

"I'll miss you guys too. Stay out of trouble for your momma and daddy, alright?"

"Okay Uncle Michael," the twins say as they walk away with their parents.

"Naw. I'm gonna miss them," I say. Michael nods and puts his arm around my waist.

"Yeah. I'll miss them too, but I'm sure we'll see them again when my tour goes to Florida in a month." He says. I smile.

"That makes me excited. I'm gonna give them the biggest hugs when I see them again,"

"Yeah. Alright, ready to go?" Michael asks. I nod and Michael nods back. "Good because we have a wedding to get to,"

*

The wedding is taking place in Morgan and Memphis's hometown of Knoxville, Tennessee. The venue is the church they went to growing up and the after party is in Memphis's parents' barn.

I leave the bathroom in our room wearing my new dress and Michael is adjusting his tie in the mirror. He turns around and smiles.

"You look beautiful, baby." Michael says, wrapping his arm around my waist and kissing me on the cheek.

"Aww. Thanks babe. You look so handsome in your suit. Now all you need is the cowboy hat," I say, grabbing the hat off the bed and putting it on Michael's head. "Ouu. Now you look like a cowboy,"

Michael wraps both of his arms around me and kisses me on the lips before we leave the room.

"I love you, Cass."

"And I love you, Michael."

Michael's POV
The wedding was great. The after party was pretty great too and of course it wouldn't be the perfect party without alcohol.

Thankfully, Cassidy and I didn't drive to the wedding so we don't have to worry about either one of us driving home drunk.

Harper doesn't drink so she was our designated driver. She drives Cassidy and I back to the bed and breakfast.

"Bye Harp. Thanks for driving us back to the hotel," I slur, my arm wrapped around Cassidy's waist.

When we walk into the hotel room, I scoop Cassidy up bridal style and drop her down on the bed. Cassidy laughs drunkenly and bites her lip, looking me up and down.

"What're we doin', Michael?" She asks. I shrug.

"I don't know just yet, baby."

I remove my suit jacket and toss it aside. Then I unbutton my shirt and take that off too.

"I like where this is going," Cassidy says, a drunken smile on her face as she unzips the back of her dress.

I would honestly explain the rest of what happened, but I think you might already know.

Cassidy's POV
One Month Later
My collar bone is no longer broken and I don't need to wear my sling anymore which I'm super thankful for but Michael's tour ends in about a month and I'm little sad that it's almost over.