Chapter 4 - Boots

Cassidy's POV
"That actually wasn't too bad. I imagined it'd be way worse," I say to Michael during lunch.

"Well, I'm glad. Does that mean you might get another one some day?" Michael asks. I shrug.

"I don't know. Maybe. I'd just have to figure out what tattoo I want first,"

"Okay. I'm glad we get to have this time together this week, Cass. I never realized how much I missed you till I saw you at that festival two days ago," Michael says. My cheeks flush and I grab his hand.

"Aww. That's really sweet. I missed you a lot too," I say. I look into Michael's eyes and clear my throat. "Listen, Michael, how would you like to stay at my house for the rest of your trip? It'd probably be much cheaper than stayin' at a hotel and calling Ubers to drive you everywhere,"

"That's true. I mean, I don't mind stayin' with ya since you're obviously okay with it." Michael explains. I nod.

"Definitely. I don't mind you stayin' with me,"

"Okay. All of my stuff is at your house now anyways so I might as well stay there with ya," Michael says with a smile.

*

After lunch, I go home and flop down on the couch. Michael is in my guest room putting some things away. I would have offered to let him sleep in the guest room last night, but I didn't think he would be staying over for the rest of the week so I didn't bother showing him the room.

Although a part of me would love to be sleeping right next to Michael and have his arms wrapped around me while I sleep, I'm still a little hesitant about our relationship. Granted, we definitely have a lot of chemistry, but I just hope it'll last.

Michael's POV
Today is a special day because today is the day that we find out the gender of Morgan and Memphis's baby. The appointment is at 9 a.m. so I'm still drinking my coffee when I FaceTime Memphis and Morgan.

Bailey, Harper, Ernest, and Lainey are all on gonna FaceTime too, but I called Morgan a little early to talk to him.

"Hey man. What's up?" Morgan asks.

"How's Texas treatin' ya?" Memphis adds in. I shrug.

"It ain't bad. Morgan, Memphis, I'd like you to meet Cassidy Allen." I say. Cassidy sits on the arm rest of the couch I'm sitting on and put my arm around her. Morgan and Memphis's eyes both grow wide with shock.

"Oh my gosh! Hi Cassidy! I'm Memphis and this is Morgan," Memphis says, waving at Cassidy. Cassidy smiles.

"Hi. It's nice to meet y'all. My friend Grace would go absolutely crazy if she saw that I was talkin' to you two right now," she says. Memphis laughs.

"Well maybe someday we can meet Grace,"

"I'm sure she'd like that a lot," Cassidy says. Cassidy then gets up from the couch and kisses me on the cheek. "I'll be back. I have to go wash some dishes,"

"Okay baby. Hurry back," I say with a smile.

"Hardy, I didn't think you'd actually find a girlfriend while you were in Texas. Great job, man." Morgan says. Memphis grabs the phone from Morgan and smiles.

"Tell me all about her. I want to know all the details," she says. I chuckle.

"Well, Cassidy is from my hometown and we actually went to school together. We got to talkin' our senior year of high school and hit it off immediately, but, before we ever really started dating, both of us had to part ways to pursue our dreams." I explain. Memphis frowns.