𝟎𝟐𝟔.limbs of our friends go amiss

Start from the beginning

"Oh, god, no please don't do this!" Beth cried out. Ev tighten his grip shushing her sightly trying to calm the poor girl down.

"Shush it's aight bethy they won't." Ev said. Carol nodded agreeing with what the Endicott had said.

"No, the shock could kill him. It's not gonna stop the arteries from bleeding. We need to keep it dressed and let it heal on its own." She said as Rory watched both Carol and her mother try and stop the bleeding. Rory just stood in shock looking at the man. She prayed to whatever god was listening that Hershel would pull though and be ok.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

HE MADE HIS WAY down the line of cells. From what Everett could understand some of the men of the group had gone to interrogate a group of prisoners they'd found within the prison. The boy rounded the corner turning into the cell that belonged to Beth and Hershel. There he found Beth on the ground looking to be cut a hole in what looked like Hershel's pants.

"Hey Bethy." Ev spoke in a soft tone walking into the cell eyeing the girl on the floor as he took a seat on the floor nearby her. Beth looked up from the pants seeing Ev giving him the best smile she could muster up.

"Watcha workin on?" Everett asked looking at the pants on the floor then up at his friend.

"Makin daddy some pants so that when he's all better he can walk around easily without havin the worry about a pant leg dragging." The girl explained. Ev nodded understanding the girl was in sight denial of the fact her father might not even wake up.

"Hershel's gonna pull though – I mean Hershel's as tough as they make them." Everett said cracking a light joking hoping for a smile to appear on the Greene girls lips. His comment didn't seem to effect her as she made no indication she even heard it.

"Ev right." Both teenagers turn to the sound of a voice as they looked to see Rory standing at the foot of the cell entrance looking to Beth. Slowly the Grimes girl walked in as she took a sit next to Everett.

"Hershel's gonna pull through this – you'll see." Rory said in an effort to make the Greene girl feel less at ease. Beth stopped what she was doing as she slowly looked up to the pair in front of her. "Look guys I appreciate what your doing – I know daddy's gonna be ok – but I'm just worried." She said. The two friends nodding understanding what she meant. She had faith her father would make it – but their was always that worry inside that he wouldn't. Everett knew more then most the world was cruel enough to take even the purest souls away. Like his foster sister. She was only eight years old. And he'd watched her get torn to shreds by a walker.

"Just know we're here for you." Everett heard Rory speak up as he watched the Grimes girl place a soft and gentle hand on the Greene girls leg giving it a small rub. He wasn't blind. He knew how Rory felt about Beth. And he also knew how Beth felt about Rory.

"I'm gonna go check on mom and Carl." Rory said as she got up from the floor walking out of the cell. Everett watched as Beth's eyes watched Rory leave. A small smile appeared on the boys face watching the girl. Beth frowned once she looked back to Everett. "What?" She asked.

"Don't what me Beth Greene – you and Rory." He said as a small playful smirk parted onto his lips. Beth smack his leg as she shock her head.