𝟎𝟎𝟒.toxic masculinity

╔═══════════════╗

𝑺𝑰𝑳𝑬𝑵𝑻 𝑺𝑪𝑹𝑬𝑨𝑴𝑺
chapter four

═══════════════

𝘵𝘦𝘭𝘭 𝘪𝘵 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘨𝘴 𝘦𝘱𝘪𝘴𝘰𝘥𝘦

HAIRCUTS.

Again another thing of the past. A thing Rory remembers her mother taking her too. Or even doing herself. Lori Grimes was surprisingly very good at cutting hair – even without the hairdresser experience. Lori didn't often get Rory's hair cut however. Lori loved her long hair and to be honest - so did Rory. Rory loved the way her mother would play with it - would do it. Something about it was therapeutic to the both of them. However Rory's little brother Carl didn't share the same love for their mothers haircuts.

"Baby the more you fidget, the longer it takes. So don't, okay?" Lori said to her son as she cut his hair. Carl grumbled forgetting under the grip his mother had on his hair.

"I'm trying." He complained. "Well, try harder." Lori said. Shane nudged Rory who was sat on the floor next to him smiling.

"He thinks this is bad, wait till you start shaving. That stings. When that day comes, he'll be wishing for one of your mama's haircuts." Shane said making the youngest Grimes huff.

"I'll believe that when I see it." He said earning a small chuckle from Shane.

"I'll tell you what... you just get through this with some manly dignity –"

"Hey" Rory interrupted. "You mind not forcing your toxic masculinity on my twelve year old brother. Really don't need another you around here" Rory said looking up sightly grinning at the look Shane had upon his face at her statement. It was quite amusing.

Shane tilted his head looking over Rory's expression. His grin widened sightly studying the girls features.

"Is that so – well damn girl that amount of passion you hold I swear one day you'll lead us. You mark my words girl." He said pointing a figure at her grinning. Rory turned her head to face him and smirked.

"I shall - and when I become leader of the new world my first order of business will be to make Carl get weekly hair cuts from mom for the rest of his life." She states in a formal yet obvious joking voice.

Carls head immediately shot up glaring daggers at his sister. "You wouldn't." He dared making her grin at the expression her baby brother held. "Wanna bet." She said making him glare at her only mumbling some words under his breath earning a chuckle from the two adults who had watched the interaction between the siblings.