Junior Year

Kat's P.O.V

It's my second day of Junior year and it's Freshman orientation day. Darren and I started dating half way through Freshman year and we're still together, the same with Joe and Laura. Darren and I both volunteered to help out in Theatre Arts with Freshman orientation day. I finish straightening my hair so it's dead straight and do my usual make up. I'm wearing tight black skinny jeans, a black vest with silver studs along the hems and my usual black, heeled ankle boots. I grab my bag and go to meet Darren who greets me with a quick kiss before we intertwine our hands and walk into theatre arts.

We sit down on the edge of the stage and start handing out books and seating for Professor Maxfield.

"This is so boring." Darren mumbles in my ear.

"You didn't have to volunteer." I point out and he smiles wrapping his arm around my waist.

"I get to spend more time with you though." He smiles and I shake my head and push him slightly as more Freshman walk over to us. While Darren deals with all the girls fawning over him I go and help out the boys. There are about five of them so I sort out the first four and look up to see a tall attractive guy. Sure he's kinda chubby but he's also super attractive and cute...especially because of that crooked jaw.

"Hey." I smile up at him.

"Hi...um Joey Richter." He says nervously.

"Joey...Joseph...Here you go. Seat A2." I tell him as I hand him his book and tell him his seat.

"Thanks." He smiles at me before turning to go to his seat.

"Kat!" I yell after him and he turns around.

"What?" He asks.

"My name. It's Kat. Kat Holden." I explain and he nods.

"It's nice to meet you Kat." He says before taking his seat. I turn round and take a deep breath...um what exactly was that?

———————————————————————————————-

Darren and I walk over to our usual table in our usual cafe to see Laura, Joe Walker, Jaime, Meredith, Dylan, Brian, Lauren, Nick and Matt already sat there.

"Hey guys...wait where's Moses?" I ask as we sit down.

"Talking to Professor Davis about his terrible practice thesis." Dylan smirks.

"It wasn't that bad." Darren says and we all stare at him.

"We're talking about the same thesis right?" Meredith asks him and he laughs.

"Okay it was terrible." he admits. I excuse myself and head over to the counter to find Joey there.

"Hey Joey." I smile as I get in the line behind him.

"Oh. Kat hey." He replies before ordering his drink.

"are you here with friends?" I ask him and he scoffs.

"The only friend I've managed to make is my room mate who I can't actually find at the moment." He explains and I stare at him in surprise.

"Um. Do you want to come sit with my friends and I?" I ask him and he shakes his head.

"I don't want to impose on you guys." He says and I smile.

"You wont. But if you want I'll go talk to them. Just stay here." I tell him before going over to my large group of friends and explain the situation.

"He's cute. Bring him over." Lauren smirks to receive a playful push from Brian...not totally sure what's happening with them right now...or ever to be perfectly honest. I shake my head at them and go back over to Joey.

"Ready to meet the biggest group of freaks ever?" I ask him as I take his hand and lead him over to my friends.

"Guys this is Joey. Joey these are the guys." I say as Meredith moves to sit on the chair next to her so Joey can sit next to me. Everyone introduces themselves and we start talking, Joey and Lauren shamelessly flirting, this being completely intentional from Lo but innocent and accidental from Joey. While we're all discussing Moses walks over and just sits on my lap.

"You okay there?" I ask and he nods happily.

"Dude your squashing my girlfriend." Darren states.

"That's absurd!" Moses exclaims in a weird voice which kinda sounds like Snape if he were high and not played by Alan Rickman.

"No its not. Get off me fatty!" I say as I push him off my lap and he falls onto the floor.

"Rude." He mumbles before sitting next to Dylan and looking at Joey.

"Who's the new kid?" He asks and I roll my eyes.

"Moses this is Joey. Joey this is Joe Moses." I introduce them before seeing the time and excusing myself and dragging Matt with me so we can go to our script writing seminar.