Chapter 2: Ringmaster

Start from the beginning

Meggy proceeds to take away Mario's controller, her face is already fuming.

Mario: "Hey! I was almost winning >:("

Meggy: "This isn't the time to play games! Now let's go find SMG4, wherever he is."

Mario: "Whatever... mom"

Mario grumbles as Meggy drags him. They both run towards the forest.

Mario: "How are you going to find him anyways? You don't even know where he is"

Meggy: "Sure, but since I heard SMG4 while I was picking up his cap, surely that might help us lead some clues to where he actually is. IF, I remember where I found that cap in the first place-"

Mario: "WAAH!-"

Meggy: "Huh?"

Mario started screaming and pointing at behind while Meggy turns around to see what's going on.

Meggy: "This is..."

A sign that says:

'SMG4 is right this way --->'

Meggy: "Dammit Red! It's just a sign, why did you scream??"

Mario: "Because Mario almost had to read :("

Meggy: "Seriously, I still don't get your whole 'can't read' thing, did your brother ever teach you?? Whatever, that's not the point right now. What's this sign doing here?"

What a suspicious looking sign, Meggy hasn't seen this the first time she went here.

Meggy: "This is obviously a trap, who would fall for tha-"

Mario: "Ooooohh, spaghetti!"

Meggy: "MARIO, NO!-"

Too late. Mario already went running to the direction of the sign. Meggy face palmed in disappointment and goes after him.

While Meggy was heading to where Mario went, the forest scenery surrouning them started to shift slowly, Meggy didn't notice as she bolted towards Mario full speed, knocking him down and kicking him to the ground.

Mario: "WAHAAAA!! I NEED MY SPAGHETTI!!"

Meggy: "Red, stop it! There's no spaghetti here, it's just tre- wait... huh?"

Once Meggy got a hold of her surroundings, it was just dark empty land. The sun doesn't seem to shine anymore and there aren't any trees around like before.

Meggy: "What the... where is this place?"

Mario: "Oooooh, lights!"

Mario pointed at something and Meggy turned around to look at what it is. There's a circus in the distance covered in colourful lights and thrilling energy, it stood out from the surrounding dull land.

Mario: "Do you think this is where S-M-G-4 went?"

Meggy: "...In a circus? That's the last thing in my mind I'd come a conclusion to. Whatever, since we can't go anywhere else, we might as well check it out."

Meggy lets Mario go as they both walk towards the circus. The closer they went the more they could hear music coming from inside the place, it looked and sounded just like those circus you'd go to on holidays, but a circus in a dull abandoned land? Now that's weird.

Meggy prepared to be cautious as she pulled the opening of the circus, she took some peeks around the inside but it seems that there's no one in sight at all.