"So you assumed that it could be on this island? Cause it has access in all the regional ports?"

"We didn't assume? All the victims have resulted to have undergone some kind of chemicals. The teeth found have abnormal toxic damage and the smell of thyme. In all this island this mountain is the only one that is full of thyme and the villagers here let it burn in their houses often for cleansing traditional reasons. That was our only leading clue, so we took it." Veta explained further making Jimin nod his head with widened eyes.

"So you narrowed the suspect down to being someone from this village. It's been years since you are here though. I don't think any investigation would continue after hitting a blank for that long."

"Read the cover of the file. This is not a case I can drop so easily." Jimin flipped the file immediately and instead of seeing the title labelled as some kind of serial killing case, it had the name of a famous pharmaceutic company and the name of an individual under it. A bit below being the word experimentations underlined in bold.

"The company brings billions to the economy of our country so the government wouldn't be pleased if it goes down. The intelligent services have some dirt gathered on the company as the older son of the chairman has been bringing innovative medication that apparently was not created in the laboratories of the company. Meaning there's someone out there, capable in the scientific field that is working for him. We suspect that they could be involved in our case and their conducting of illegal experimentation could be what resulted in the death of the testing subjects."

"This is bigger than I thought." Jimin allowed his thoughts to roll out his lips as he was still processing the information he had just been given.

"Honestly I will admit that in my first year here, I was almost convinced that this was the wrong place...however Dana's and Jungkook's case changed everything." Veta pulled out a chair and took a seat right opposite Jimin so she could be eye to eye-with him.

"The chopped body parts that were found in the forest which later ended up becoming Jungkook's frame for murdering Dana. That body was obviously not hers and I certainly had nothing to do with that one." The realisation sunk into Jimin's mind just as he scooted a bit closer to her, fully attendant.

"They made a mistake that night and instead of going to get rid of the body parts somewhere else far from the island and this village, they rushed it?" He lowered his voice as he uttered his wonder but Veta shook her head in denial.

"A possible scenario however I already found the right answer to that."

"You discovered it?"

"There are wild boars roaming around the forests surrounding this village. And as you may know, a boar could eat anything in front of them. They chop the victims' bones into manageable pieces. I saw the body that was supposed to be Dana's and I pulled some strings to have a part of it in my possession. I run tests and unsurprisingly there was high toxic usage in the bloodstream. The scientist behind this mess is definitely here."

Silence followed her words as the two kept observing each other with different states of mind, as Jimin was still trying to categorise the information right and organize the questions he had over all this.

"What about the heads? If we assume that they are using the wild boars to erase traces of bodies, wouldn't that leave behind the skull bones at least? They are pretty firm as far as I know?"

"The chemicals seem to have weakened the solidity of the bones. From the results of the autopsy, the bones appeared to be almost elastic and bendable." Veta turned the file her way in order to find the pages with the results she had gathered over the autopsy then she turned it to the other way again, so Jimin could read it for himself.