Chapter 12

Kheumoni Brown (Moni)

Mommy👩🏽‍🍼🩵

ma..

Don't ma me. When are you coming home?

i'm coming today.

Bring ya ass and ian playin, i tried
to be nice

She definitely not gone be happy...

"You ready?" Khi came into the room and stood beside me.

"Mhm." I mumbled before walking out into the living room. Teresa was standing at the door waiting for us.

"Alright, come on." We followed her out the door and into her black nissan altima.

"You nervous?" His ma asked, looking at me through the mirror.

"Yeah, a little bit." I said staring out the window.

Eventually we arrived at my house and honestly my heart was in my ass. I slowly got out of the car and headed for the front door inserting my key in the lock.

Makhi and Teresa followed behind me and held the screen door open. They had my clothes in plastic grocery bags.

"Ma!" I yelled before I heard my mother stomping down the stairs. Damn big foot.

I could tell she was about to go off before she saw Teresa and Makhi. She hugged them both and we all sat down on the couch.

"I'm sorry for keeping your daughter at my house for so long, I hope you didn't mind too much." Teresa apologized.

Makhi sat beside me and wrapped his arm around my shoulder.

"Girl it's fine, what's going on with them two?" My mother eyed us both.

"Honestly, I feel like me and Makhi had a connection. Soooo, we started dating..." I said softly.

"Yous a lie." My mother yelled. Teresa just nodded her head with a smirk. She was lowkey instigating.

" I promised Slim I would take care of her. You know me ma." Khi spoke up. My mom just rolled her eyes and shook her head.

"Yea, speaking of..." I hesitated as Makhi placed his hand on my thigh.

"I'm pregnant." I let out a sigh. My mom did the absolute most.

"WHAT?!" She yelled standing up out her seat and walking closer to me.

"PROBABLY SINCE YOU BEEN STAYING WITH THEM, LIKE A LITTLE HOE." She yelled in my face.

"Hold on ms girl... She was already pregnant before she even thought about staying with us." Teresa got all in my mom's face. "Don't you ever disrespect my household and my authority, i'm the one who gave them the condoms!" She added.

"Both y'all need to chill out, it ain't nobody's fault but ours man." Makhi stood up separating the both of them. My mom sat back down and closed her eyes trying to calm herself down.

"Got me fucked all the way up!" Teresa yelled before sitting down.

"Do you know for a fact you're pregnant? When did you even have unprotected sex? You're for sure it's his?" She asked pointing at Makhi causing Makhi to look at me.

"Of course it's his ma what the fuck?!" I furrowed my eyebrows. "I didn't even want none of this to happen, I just came to tell you that I have an apportionment with my OB today. She's going to do blood work to clarify that I am pregnant. Do you want to come?" I asked standing up.

My mom sighed before getting up. "I'm still mad at you, but your brother couldn't give me a grandchild, and you're old enough to make your own decisions. We are going to talk about your living situation when we get back." She brushed passed me and walked out the door.

I felt the tears forming in my eyes as I felt arms drape around me. I smelled cologne, and immediately recognized Makhi's scent. He whispered in my ear not letting go of me. "I got y'all forever, til the day I leave this earth. I promise you that." He lingered on a little longer before letting go and kissing my forehead.

He then took my hand and walked me to the car, sitting beside me in the backseat.

-

"Kheumoni Brown!" The nurse called out as we were in the waiting room.

"I quickly stood up and my mom followed behind me."

"Hi! You can stand right here on this scale for me." She pointed down.

I stepped on it and the nurse began to mess around with the numbers.

"128." She mumbled and wrote it down. "Follow me." She then turned the corner and walked me into an empty room. I sat down on the bed hearing the paper crunch beneath me.

"Could you tell me what you're hear for?"She asked, while signing into the computer.

"Yes, I had been feeling lightheaded, tired, and weak for about 2 weeks and my mother in law wanted me to take a pregnancy test."

"Ok, and when you took the test, did it read positive?"

"Yes ma'am, although the second line was faint."

"Alright, will it be ok if we did a blood sample just to be sure?"

"Of course."

She finished typing into the system and turned back around. "The doctor will be in here shortly." She flashed a quick smile and walked out.

My mother eyed me before speaking up. "Mother-in-law." She copied me. "That ain't your damn mother in law!" She raised her voice.

"Ma! Not now..." I shushed her and looked down at my phone rolling my eyes.

Khi💞

you good ma?

i'm alright, they're gonna do a blood test to confirm my pregnancy. hopefully i'll know how far along I am too.

that's good, i gotta tell you sum

what??

not rn.. i gotchu tho right after this.

-

"Thank you for coming to see me!" Dr. Forrest smiled and handed me a paper packet with all my information on it.

"Just to go over it one more time, you're currently 6 weeks and 2 days pregnant. I want to see you again in a week or two to prescribe you prenatal vitamins and work on an ultrasound. The nurse at the front can help you set another appointment. You ladies have a great day!" She walked out of the room.

"6 weeks pregnant? What the hell Kheumoni."

I looked down at my stomach in disbelief... I just look fucking bloated.