Chapter 1

Sawera's POV
The day at school seemed endless. This was my last year of school and I still get treated like a freshman. What made it worse was my crush who every girl in the school was in love with called me a freak and threw my books in a mud puddle from a storm from last night. Of coarse all I did was glare at him and pick them up. My best friend wasn't home from her vacation yet. Her and her parents went to a rock concert in California. I sighed as I walked closer to my house. My favorite book was dripping wet still and I felt like the world was against me at the moment. It was sunny out and it was warm for October. I moved my black bangs out of my face. Everyone made fun of me being a black head too. My hair was a weird dark black colour. It looked like I dyed it like that but it was my natural colour.

I finally reached the black metal gate that told me I was home. I lived in an old Victorian house. It was huge and the house was red. It looked like it could have a mysterious magic to it but that was my imagination getting to me. I opened the old gate and it creaked as I swung it open. I fixed my shoulder backpack and headed up the drive way. I opened the white door that revealed my aunt putting papers in her purse. She looked at me with her brown eyes. She gave me a toothy grin.
"Hey Sawera. How was school?" My aunt asked. I looked at her. Her black hair was put up in a pony tail. She wore a red t-shirt and a pair of old jeans. My aunt was only 24 years old and was beautiful. She has been taking care of me for almost four years now. Since my parents were killed by a drunk driver. She took a sip of her coffee and set it down.
"How do you think?" I asked her bluntly. I threw my soaked book on the table and she gave me a confused look.
"Who the hell did that? That was you favorite book!" She said anger boiling inside of her. I shook my head.
"It was that ass Ashton again!? Wasn't it!?" She asked standing up. I just sighed.
"It's no big deal I'll just buy another copy of the book." I said as I kicked my combat boots off. She scoffed at what I said.
"Your mother got you that book. You can't just replace it." She said picking up he soggy book. She stood up from the stool she sat on and walked out the other door on the other side of the kitchen. She came back with her hair dryer and plugged it in. She turned it on and started to dry the old pages.
"Don't try it's junk now." I said. I was mad that I let the other kids get to me...that I let them ruin something so dear to me. I walked out of the kitchen and through the living room.

I walked up stairs and went to my room. My room was the round part of the house. The walls were painted a scarlet red and I had no lights in my room so I had Christmas lights hanging up on the ceiling. I also had candles everywhere. I had a huge closet where I tend to keep my book shelf with all my old books and new ones in, and my boxes of memories. I threw my backpack in the closet and looked myself in my dresser mirror. It was braided and My make up was still looking good. I was a skinny girl that had brown eyes and my lips were full. I had a crystal necklace and I wore a white dress that had flowers on it. I wore my black thick leather studded bracelet and my nails were painted black. I turned from the mirror and walked to my chair that was chained to the ceiling. So it hung and it was a swing. It was comfy and I often read in it. I saw that there was a present in it. It was a medium looking package and was wrapped in silver wrapping. It had a red bow in it and the tag on it had my name on it. I picked it up and I knew it was from my aunt. I carefully opened the package an then was face to face with a wooden antique box. It had a moon and stars carved into it. I sat it down on my purple carpet and sat down next to it. I pushed pack the hair in my face and reached for the box. The smooth wood felt freshly polished. I opened the box and smiled to see what was in it. It was a new crystal, a new book about Salem witches, and a ring my mom wore all the time. I picked the ring up carefully as if it were to shatter. It was a black gem and had a pentagram carved into it. She always told me it would protect us from evil, that is would suck the bad energy and turn it into good energy. That's why she was always in a good mood. I never believed it but I loved the ring so much. I slipped it on my middle finger and looked at it. I couldn't help but smile. It was my mom's ring...now it was mine. I picked the box up and put it on my wooden shelf on the side of my room. I put it right next to my candles and took the crystal out and put it in my old basket with the others. I picked up the wrapping paper and put it in m trash in my bathroom. I walked out and climbed to my loft were my bed was. I was tired and wanting to go to bed. I was hoping Gemma my best friend would be coming home soon. I couldn't stand this anymore. Not having anyone to talk to, sit next to, or laugh with. At school I was trapped and lonely without her. Gemma was a skinny tall girl. She had beautiful brunette hair with sparkling brown eyes.

I covered my face with my arms when I heard a knock on my window. I jumped and peered over my bed to see who it was. All I saw was brunette hair and I jumped out of my bed and down the ladder. I sat on my window seat and swung the window open and it hit the wall on the outside. A familiar smile filled my eyes and I smiled back. She climbed in and wrapped her arms around me and gave me a hug. I gave her a hug back and we both laughed.
"So how was the week of school?" Gemma asked and she fixed her black beanie. She wore her ripped black skinny's and her black combat boots. She wore her favorite black tank top on. She wore her black vest and wore her dark make up. It made her brown eyes pop out
"It was terrible Gem, Ashton threw my favorite book in a puddle today and called me a freak...They also keep throwing me in the trash and locking me in the locker room.." I said. Her smile fell off her face and rage took over her face. She was pretty scary when she was mad.
"He is so lucky it's the weekend...You know what Let's go over there now so I can beat his ass!" She screeched.
"Who's is beating who's ass?" I heard my aunts voice from the hall. She opened my door and looked at Gemma.
"Oh hi Gemma I didn't know you were home! But anyway who's beating who's ass?" She said curiously.
"I am going to beat Ashton's ass." Gemma said. My aunt nodded.
"I'm not stopping you go and teach that ass a lesson for touching my niece, I would but I will get arrested coz he is a kid ya know." She said in the ya know voice. I groaned.
"I'll be fine. Just leave him alone. I don't want you going to jail for putting him 6 feet under." I said.
"Nope Come on Sawera we're going." She said grabbing my wrist. I groaned again and she dragged me out of the house.

"Don't get arrested I don't have money to bail you out Gemma!" My aunt called out to her.
"Alright!" She shouted back. We were half way down the street when I noticed a moving truck. Someone was moving here? Well then. Gemma wasn't paying attention to the moving truck in the empty houses drive. This was pretty big for this town. New people is what brings our small town more noisy. We were almost at Ashton's house when I saw another moving truck. It was weird. Two new families moving in? Wow the town was ganna have a hay day with that. We made it to Ashton's house and lucky for us he was out in the lawn talking to his friends.
"Yo dick!" Gemma yelled. Ashton looked at us and stood up. He was about 6 feet and had some muscle. He was a fit guy and was on the football team. He had light brown messy, curly hair and hazel eyes. His face was slim and he wore a grey t-shirt with blue jeans. He also had on his favorite baseball cap.
"What did you say to me Gemma?" He said in a growl. She crossed her arms and gave him the death glare.
"You have been harassing my best friend so why wouldn't I call you that...dick." She said in a sneer tone. He got closer to her face.
"She deserves it and I don't appreciate my ex coming over here and calling me names." He spat. Oh yeah I forgot they dated last year for almost a year. She ended up breaking up with him after he started to be a jerk to everyone.
"Well don't mess with MY best friend before You lose your two balls, are we clear?" She said in a low tone. He gave her one hard look and looked at me. His cold, hazel eyes met my brown ones.
"Your lucky your best friend is pretty." He said and turned away and walked to his friends. Gemma turned around and grabbed my wrist. As soon as we were out of ear shot she started to laugh.
"He backed down way too easy." She laughed. I smiled at her. She always knew how to intimidate others. She whipped the tears out of her eyes and I shook my head at her. I felt myself collide with something and I ended up falling backwards and hitting my butt.
"Oww What the-" I looked up and was shocked.
"Watch were you're going." The boy spat. He was so gorgeous. I was speechless. He had shiny brunette hair and dazzling hazel eyes. He wore black skinny jeans and a white v neck over it was a black leather jacket. He wore black converse and he just was gorges. I couldn't stop staring at him. He had pale pink lips and thick dark eyelashes. You could see the detail in his face and he looked like an angel.

This story is dedicated to SaweraRafiq PLZZZZZ VOTE AND COMMENT!!!!😀