Chapter 26-30

Chapter 26

    After breakfast on the third day, Gu Lin wanted to go to the camp first and then to the construction site. The two sister-in-laws came to ask Lin Qiao to go to the construction site together.

    They all left their children at home, only Lin Qiao took a pocket.

    There was a lively scene of labor at the scene, no matter men or women, many people were picking soil and stones with baskets. Thin and small women work very quickly and have great strength, which is not inferior to men at all.

    When Lin Qiao went to her job with a bag, and saw the three big pots, she felt that it would be difficult to earn 70 cents by cooking.

    Three people are in charge of meals, and the other two are sister-in-laws of the Li nationality. One of them is a pregnant woman with a big belly, and the other is in her thirties and looks thin. Her surname is Li.

    Fu Zhenhua volunteered to be the conductor and divided the work among the three. She asked the pregnant woman to sit on a puddle and wipe shredded green papaya, and asked Lin Qiao to light the fire.

    Fu Zhenhua simmered the rice in the pot first, then put the kelp and mushrooms in the pot first, washed the clams and cut the tofu, a large pot of vegetables was slowly simmering.

    DouDou insisted on helping Lin Qiao transport firewood, but he was small and weak, dragging a long bundle of firewood, like a snail struggling to transport goods, Lin Qiao looked at him while lighting the fire, the little guy was very proud: "Mom, firewood The grain has arrived."

    After Gu Lin walked around the construction site a few times, he went to the cooking place outside the construction site.

    From a distance, he saw Lin Qiao in a flowered shirt and blue trousers squatting on the ground to make a fire. Opposite her, squatted a smaller little dumpling. The little guy was holding a huge banana leaf in his hand. He just hid In the shadows, talking to mom.

    "Lin Qiao." When he approached, she called out.

    Lin Qiao turned her head, with a pleasant surprise on her face: "You're here."

    She pulled down the firewood in the stove with a fire stick to make the fire burn hotter before she stood up.

    Gu Lin bent down and picked up the bag on the ground and hugged it in his arms. Seeing that Lin Qiao's clothes were dirty, her braids were a little messy, and there was a piece of soot on her face, which just rubbed against her fair right cheek, she took out a handkerchief and wiped it for her. go.

    The movements were very light and meticulous. After wiping the cigarette ash, she gently wiped off the fine beads of sweat on her forehead.

    He didn't have handkerchiefs at first, but seeing that Lin Qiao knew how to use them, he prepared two and put them in his trouser pockets. Usually he didn't use them himself, but only for his wife, and now they finally came in handy.

    Gu Lin scratched DouDou's little nose and said, "DouDou is hot, isn't it?"

    "Not hot, I helped my mother with work." DouDou said proudly.

    "What a good son." Gu Lin boasted.

    "I'll go to work first, you have to have a full meal at noon." Gu Lin said.

    Lin Qiao nodded: "Don't worry, we will definitely not be hungry."

    When it was time for dinner, Lin Qiao and the three of them served everyone a meal. Everyone brought their own aluminum lunch box, and Lin Qiao's three cooks filled a lunch box for everyone meals.