Chapter 13 ☆

POV: Lacey

I feel myself being shaken. I open my eyes closing them as quick as they opened from the light. "Lacey wake up. Baby I'm home." The most deepest sweetest sounding voice says. I hum smiling opening my eyes to Elijah. Wait, Elijah. "Your back!" I say happily. "Yes love im back." He says chuckling at me. I stand up wrapping my arms around him hugging him. "I missed you." I tell him. "Um Lacey, is this my shirt your wearing." I blush nodding yes. "And you have not pants on." He says in a deep rough husky voice. My blush deepens. "I should go put some pants on then." I tell him going to put some on. I enter my room and just grab a pair of blue jean shorts keeping his shirt on. I couldn't sleep last night as I thought so I slept in Elijah's room but still couldn't fall asleep so I put on one of his shirts. Thats when I was able to fall asleep.

When I walk out my room Elijah is standing at the door waiting for me. "Shorts huh. Keeping those pretty little legs on display to tease me today are we." I hadn't thought about that but I am now. "Maybe." I say. He leans down kissing me. My arms instantly go around his neck. He deepens the kiss sticking his tongue in my mouth. He has total control over the kiss. Elijah lifts me up with my legs wrapping around him. I'm being push up against the wall never breaking the kiss. I hear someone clearing their throat loudly. I turn my face away from Elijah to see who it is thats standing there. My jaw drops. I don't even care in that moment. I just up down from Elijah running and screaming to the person, "Daddy." I embrace him and he hugs me back. I'm so happy. "Surprise." Elijah says behind me. "You couldn't at least wait till after I saw her and you make out with my daughter later." Dad says. Wait. What? "Oh I know young lady. Lie to me again." My dad says. "Sorry daddy." I say putting my best smile on.

"But seriously don't make out in front of me. Its weird." Dad says. "Wait. Your not mad. No freak out. No stay away from her. No don't touch her. None of that?" I say confused. "Nope he was actually glad it was me." Elijah says. "OK I must be still asleep. What is this world I'm in?" I say shocked and a little dazed. Dad chuckles. "Silly goose. Now I never said I wasn't going to give him a hard time. That I will most definitely do like with that kiss I just witnessed." Dad says.

"I missed you so much." I say hugging him again. "You know I think she might be happier to see you than she is me." Elijah says. "Uh hello. I'm wearing your shirt and I have shorts on plus I was found asleep in your bed because I couldn't sleep with you gone. I slept fine with dad gone." I say in a duh tone. My dad whistles. "She told you." Dad says. "I guess she did and now she's going to tease me with those legs all day. Little minx." Elijah says looking down at my legs hungrily. Dad snaps his fingers, "hey what did I just say. Not in front of me. Stop looking at her like that damn it." He fusses.

"What the hell is going on out here. I'm trying to sleep." Brandon comes out saying groggy like. Then he realizes its us. "Alpha your back. Jack whats up? I am so glad your back. You can have your job back. I don't want it." Brandon says. "Yeah. I back unfortunately we might have a problem soon." Dad says seriously looking at me. "What do you mean. What happened in Lightning pack. I know you were suspicious so what did you find?" Elijah asks him all serious now. I guess thats my cue to go now. I go to walk away. "Lacey wait. Come back. I do need something from you. I need your locket that your mother gave you." Dad says. "What!? No! Why?" I freak out. Why does he want my locket. It was the last thing that mom gave me. "Lacey calm down. Its important. Your mother hid something inside of it." Dad says. "What did she hide in it. It doesn't open. It never has." I ask getting upset. Elijah trys to hug me to calm down but I shove away. I don't want that right now. I reluctantly take my locket off and give it to him. He try to pry it open but it won't budge. I tried to tell him that its not going to open. He looks at it closely. "What was the last thing she said to you Lacey?" I freeze remembering. I don't want to remember. I shake my head crying. "No. No why? I ... I can't." I say. Why does he want me to think about that offal night. What could be so important in the locket. Its like two inches. Dad sighs. "Jack just give her a minute." Elijah warns in a strained voice. Hes having trouble controlling himself because I'm upset and he doesn't want to attack dad. His eyes are shifting from brown to red. I feel like the walls are closing in on me. I don't want to remember. I run home. The home i live with dad in anyway. I run all the way into my room not listening to them calling my name to come back. I flop down on my belly on my bed hiding my face in a pillow crying. I stayed in my room for the rest of the day crying. I didn't even get the locket back from dad. Today was suppose to be good. Elijah was back home. Dad is back home.