Chapter 11

POV: Lacey

This morning when I woke up Elijah was gone. He had left on his trip. I miss him even though he hasn't been gone that long i still miss him. He marked me last night and I him. I can now feel him even more. Our bond is stronger. I'm having breakfast right now. Its just some scrabble eggs and toast with a glass of orange juice. Just something very simple.

After I eat I get my books and study in the kitchen at the island. Theres a knock on the door so I know its not Brandon or Dylan. They would just walk in since they work here. The pack house is semi public to the pack.

I answer the door and its a red haired older woman standing there. I've never seen her here or around the pack before but she doesn't smell like she's from another pack. "Um hello. Who are you?" I ask. "Oh hi I'm Maya I'm looking for Elijah. I just got back from my travels and was hoping to catch up. Who are you. Are you the maid?" Oh no she did not. "No I'm not the maid. Elijah is my mate and not here. He's away on a business trip so you can go now." I correct her. No way is she getting alone with Elijah. I don't know why but she just rubs me the wrong way and the fact that she wanted to see Elijah just makes it worse. She laughs like I said the funniest thing ever. "That is so cute. How old are you, 16. You have a little crush on your Alpha. Awe that is just so adorable. But seriously Elijah is mine. I'm here to get him back you little tramp." She says rudely. "I'm 18 and he is MY MATE, MINE. See." I show her my mark. Her face gets all red and twist into an angry one. "Listen here little girl. Elijah would never mate with a little child. He's a fully grown man, an adult. While your a little child with a little teen girl crush. Elijah is mine so back off." This Maya tells me. I slap her. "What is going on here?" Brandon walks up to the house asking. "Oh Brandon. Its been a while. I was just telling this child here that her little crush on the alpha was inappropriate and to stop lying that he marked her we can all see it fake. She clearly painted that on there." Maya acts all innocent. "I see. Maya is not see good to see you. I see your still the same bully you always have been but Lacey is Elijah's mate and that mark is very real so its you who needs to back off now leave." Brandon tells her. Maya stomps off walking away but not before she has the last word. "I bet that once Elijah sees me again he will reject you and come back to me. Why would he want a child mate." She smirks walking away.

Her words made me feel worse about myself. Would Elijah do that? Am I too young for him? Does he view me as a child? What was between him and this Maya person? "Lacey don't listen to her. She said that to get under you skin. Dont go there." Brandon tells me. "Who is she? Why did she say that?" I ask not understanding. Brandon lets out a sigh. "Thats for Elijah to tell you but what i can tell you is she left a while ago and there is nothing between her and Elijah. Trust me when I say he only wants you." Brandon says. A tear flows down my cheek. "OK. Thanks for stepping in back there." I tell him. "No problem. Its my job. I'm supposed to protect the Luna even from herself so stop thinking like that." I nod ok even though I'm still upset. The Gamma's job is to protect the Luna so basically now Brandon is one of my protectors now that I'm Elijah's mate. When we mate I will be the official Luna.

I go back to the kitchen to study but can't concentrate because of that Maya person. "Lacey baby whats wrong. I can feel your upset." Elijah says to me through mindlink. "A girl named Maya came to the house and looking for you and said some really mean things. Brandon made her leave." I tell him. "Maya? What is she doing back? Baby don't worry I will handle her when I get back ok." He links back. "She said she was here for you. Who is she?" I ask him. "Nothing. She's just after power is all. Thats all she wants." He says pretty much avoiding the question. "Where you and her like a thing?" I ask. "Lacey that was a long time ago. I broke up with her because all she wanted was to be Luna and she nothing but a bully. You were like two or so. She left to travel around and I guess she's back to try it again. I can see she hasn't changed." He says trying to assure me that there is nothing between them. "OK. When will you be back?" I ask a little calmer. "In the morning. I have a surprise for you though but look just go to get Brandon if Maya comes back ok. Did anything else happen?" He tells me. "I slapped her. She said that I was just a child with a little crush and I was faking my mark." I tell him. He growls through the link mad now. "Lacey do me a favor and stay away from her. Remember anything happens get Brandon. He will protect you." He says.

"I know. Thats what he said. He said I should stop thinking like I was but I couldn't until you talked to me." I tell him. "You should listen to him. Sounds like good advice." He says. "Wait did you say surprise. What is it." He laughs through the link. "It wouldn't be a surprise if I told you now would it. Your just going to have to wait and see but I do believe you'll like this one. In fact it will make my girl very happy." I'm intrigued now. I wonder what it could be. "Elijah if I can't sleep tonight can I sleep in your room. I miss you to much." I ask having a feeling I won't be able to sleep tonight with him gone especially after being marked. "Of course baby. You can sleep in there anytime. Hell move in there if you want." He says and I might just do that. "OK. I love you."

"I love you too darling." He says cutting the mindlink. I continue to study for my exams. I graduate in just a few weeks. I wish dad could be there. I really miss him. Evan is going to be there so thats good but it just won't be the same with out my dad. Elijah said he was going to try and work out a way for him to come home for my graduation. It already sucked that he missed my birthday. I'm just dreading him finding out that Elijah is my mate.