Chapter Forty Three

Magsimula sa umpisa

"I know you want it." He grinned sheepishly. "Kapag hindi ka tumikim hindi ko na uubusin 'to."

I opened my mouth hesitantly and ate from his hand. Axel smiled and I scowled at him. He let out a quiet laugh. Hindi ko alam kung dahil lang ba sa gutom o talagang masarap ang pagkain. He shared his food to me and we both ate together.

Nilinis ko ang pinagkainan namin at inabot sa kanya ang gamot. He popped it into his mouth and quickly drank the whole bottle of water I handed him.

Pinahiga ko na siya. I got a bowl of cold water and damped the small cloth in it. Pinamunas ko iyon sa katawan ni Axel to help his fever go down. He was still hot but not as hot as he was earlier. I didn't how many times I've swallowed when my hand reached down to  his sun-kissed chest and down to his well-toned stomach.

"Your pants." Ngumuso ako sa pantalon niya.

"What?" He looked at me confused.

"Take it off." I said.

"I'm sick. I don't know if we could..." He looked really sorry.

My cheeks heat up. "That's not what I meant, idiot. Hubarin mo yung pants mo para mapunasan kita."

"Oh okay." He said chuckling. He unbuttoned his pants and lifted his hip so he could pull it down. I awkwarldly looked away not knowing what else to do. "It's off."

I proceeded on wiping his thighs with the towel with my head turned away, careful not to look at it.

"Why are you blushing?" He noticed and it made me blush even more.

"I am not!" I denied. I thought the dim light from the oil lamp would hide it but it didn't.

"Yes, you are." I could hear the grin from his voice. "I can't believe this. That's been inside you a thousand times."

"Shut up!" I snarled. Oh I was sure he was definitely feeling better now.

Napadali ang pagpupunas ko sa kanya. I quickly covered him with a thin blanket. I dampened the towel again in cold water and placed it on his forehead.

"I'm going home." Paalam ko sa kanya ng matapos ako.

His face suddenly dimmed a bit but he still forced a smile. "Thanks for taking care of me, senyorita."  

I just stared at him for awhile, not knowing I was already biting my bottom lip. There was a sudden heavy feeling in my chest knowing that I won't be spending the night with him. Instead, I would lie in bed all night and fall asleep to the thought of him instead of being with him. "Kaya mo na naman mag-isa, hindi ba?" I asked.

Just say no and I'll stay with you.

"Yeah, I know you're already tired. Go home, take a rest." He said.

I nodded my head and walked out of there with a heavy chest. I miss sleeping with him and I don't mean the sex. I just miss falling a sleep cuddled up next to him. I miss talking about stupid, random, silly things with him while we lay in bed. I miss how I could here his heartbeat when I rest my head on his chest. I miss us.

Axel's POV

I'd been pretending to be sick for three days. Maaga pa lang pumupunta na si Valerie dito para dalhan ako ng pagkain. She'd stay and take care of me all day and leave at night. It had been a routine for us. Hindi ako sigurado kung bumubuti na ba ang relasyon namin ngayon. She still seemed to be holding back. Once in a while, she'd soften a bit lalo na kapag umaarte ako. But once she realize it, she would go back to being the cold Valerie. Even though I was starting to feel better two days, I acted sick so she would turn into the concerned nurse.