chapter 12

"seriously how did you know about the first test?" Saskue asked Naruto as a med-nin healed them.

"If you must know, I noticed since the first half of the test. He said don't get caught cheating not don't cheat. So people who used their eyes like you or the Hyuga cousins were seen but not outed because no one can notice you in real life situations. When he spoke of the ridiculous choice that we must make I knew it had something to do with taking a risk so I just played along and it worked." Naruto explained.

"Hn." Saskue answered.

Naruto smiled seeing the adorable expression he makes when saying the famous uchiha 'hn' but his eyes couldn't help but drift to his neck and onto the mark.

Saskue noticed and said "Kakashi took care of it. It's not hurting me anymore."

"Good." Naruto looked more at the new marks around it and wondered if he should tell Kakashi about his pain as well.

While Naruto was stuck between, his focus on preventing his chakra from flowing into his stomach and revealing the seal and, trying to decide whether it's better to tell Kakashi or leave it as it is.

Saskue found the blonde's long stare at the ground the perfect opportunity to look at him and try to see through him, through his thoughts and feelings. But he couldn't catch a thing.

Naruto wasn't the biggest mystery he had ever faced, he sometimes was so easy to read and completely honest then other times twisted his words and gave mixed signals. But at that time, when Naruto was fighting Orochimaru. His expressions.. his smile.. it viewed pure fascination- same thing with Zabuza, the Hokage, or Kakashi.

Naruto looked at everyone powerful around him with the same eyes. Even Neji was looked at with the same eyes. Eyes that craved power admired it.

He never saw Naruto looking at him like that tho..  just the thought of being jealous or even the slightest bit of needing anything from anyone made Saskue's stomach do back flips and for an uneasy feeling to creep inside him.

He's an Uchiha. He should never doubt himself or his strength. He's the resemblance of fire!

While staring at Naruto he noticed his expressions changing for a brief moment for that of pain then immediately to realization and then to the masked gaze he has been staring at the floor with.

The memory of the seal on Naruto's stomach flashed in his mind like a quick image. 'what Orochimaru did to him.. no matter what it is.. must've been just as bad. Why didn't he tell Kakashi yet? Why is his tolerance for pain this high anyway?'

"Hey Nar-"  Saskue started but was stopped by the door opening and Sakura walking in. "the matches are about to start."

"Alright." Naruto smiled at her then thanked the shinobi that's been treating him and walked out.

Saskue thanked her as well and went with his team. They arrived at a wide hall with a grand seat for the Hokage to sit in. A place for other team's to observe the fights from above and the 'arena' where they're supposed to fight.

Team 7 walked to Kakashi who's been ignoring them since they walked in. "What took you too long?" He finally said as the team arrived right beside him.

Naruto leaned back at the rail and looked down at the wide area they're supposed to fight in from the corner of his eye before looking back at Kakashi. "What are the rules?"

"They're holding 1v1 matches since the number of you all is more than expected." Kakashi plainly said.

"We're really late." Sakura said as she saw two names showing up for everyone to see.