Besides, it's in the past and I don't hold grudges, I think.

And if you're wondering why I'm walking in the rain rather than using the car. The thing is, I let my ego get the best of me and left the keys on his desk. Now, I'm regretting it.

"Olive, will you just listen" he almost shouts from behind me, and I just look ahead. The droplets of water falling over me, making it harder with every step as my clothes get heavier by the minute.

"See, that's your fucking problem, Olive, you won't stop and try to listen if your life depended on it"

"For the last fucking time, my name is Olivia, you lost the right to call me anything but that the day you decided to get engaged to some godawful singer." The last bit is a lie. Not only was she an amazing singer but she was also gorgeous, and she came from one of the most influential families in the world. How could he not like her.

He reaches out, holding onto my hand before holding me down from the shoulders. Making it hard to look at him as the silent tears camouflaged with the rain.

"I don't care how much you hate me for that, I will do whatever the fuck it takes to get you back and I will get you back but for now stop being stubborn and get in the car, you'll catch a cold" He mumbles the last part to himself but I hear him. "Please"

"Fine" I say, folding my arms.

"Where's the car?" I ask. Looking around.

"I told someone to get it on the next stop" he says, placing a hand on my lower back and trying to lead the way but I shrug his hand off.

"Keep your distance" I glare at him and he raises his hands in defence before continuing to walk behind me with a small distance that seemed to be getting smaller and smaller by the second.

"Away from me" I remind him once he gets too close and he mumbles something to himself making me stop.

"What was that?"

"It's nothing. I just forgot how hot you looked being bossy" he says, walking in front this time, leaving me standing.

I'm not falling for that.

I hurry up to catch up with him and he looks at me with a chuckle. "Distance" is all he says with a small smile as we continue walking the same way together.

We reach the next stop to find the car waiting and upon out arrival a guy comes out of the car, greeting Hayes before hurrying into a car that stood behind, with someone waiting for him, before they speed off.

Hayes holds the door open for me and I roll my eyes before getting in and he shuts it and settles into the drivers seat.

He looks at me, staring to the point where I finally ask him.

"What?"

"You're wet" he says all of a sudden and I choke on air.

He clears his throat, looking ahead with his gip around the steering getting tighter making his knuckles turn white, "I mean your clothes, they're wet" he says, glancing at me and I look down to see the top clung to my body and look at the mirror to see my hair and makeup a mess.

"Amazing" I whisper, leaning back.

"You do know these seats are pure leather and you're sitting on them with wet clothes... you could always take them off" He smirks slightly.

"You do know my pants are pure Vicuna Wool, but you don't see me complaining so shut it"

He speeds off after that and I don't bother starting a conversation until I remember something that makes me turn to him in question.

"The other day when I got locked out my apartment" I start and see him glance at me, asking me to continue.

"You said there was no one on the reception to get me a master key"

"Mhm"

"Claire said she was there the whole night"

He taps his fingers for a moment before speaking up. "She must've been away when I came then"

"She said she clearly remembered you walking in so-"

"I wanted you near me, okay? I saw my chance, I took it" he says finally, making me stop with the questioning and focus outside, seeing the rain drops race each other on the window.

A/N:

And that's it for the chapter, can't believe we've made it this far already, I'm so grateful for all the love and support I've received and can't wait to hear your thoughts on the book and characters so far. Like always, constructive criticism is always welcomed so hit me up.

Oh My God and before I forget, EVERYONE GO READ THE MONSTER TRILOGY BY RINA KENT it's so good, I can't recommend it enough, I'll rant more about it in the next chapter so forgive me in advance.

If you want to post anything on TikTok or wherever about be my valentine? please tag me:

Justabrownie.e on Instagram and TikTok
&
Justabrownie_e on Twitter

Follow my socials to get more sneak peaks of future projects and chapters!

Here are some questions for you to answer like always Xx

PREDICTIONS FOR THE FUTURE CHAPTERS <<

FAVORITE CHARACTER(s) <<

YOUR CURRENT READS (physical or wattpad books) <<

And finally, question of the week: WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE TYPE OF ROMANCE ?<<<