Just Friends

Author's Note: Hi everyone! Wow, thank you so much for reading! Last time I was online I had about 30 reads, now it's over 160! WOW. Thanks a lot! :) Please comment if you have any ideas or so on. Anyways, this is a short chapter, sorry about that. This chapter is a flashback chapter, it's set the day after "Tori Fixes Beck and Jade", meaning the day after Beck and Jade get back together. And it's kinda my take on how Tori felt and that she wasn't that okay with them getting back together. (I don't own Victorious or any of the characters, it all belongs to Nickelodeon and its creators! I also don't own the song used, Jonas Brothers - Just Friends)

6 years ago in Los Angeles, at Hollywood Arts High School.

“I'll just keep on dreaming, but it's cool ‘cause we're just friends. Small talk on IM, just one word sentences… It's cool we're just friends and if I had my way we would talk and talk all day.”

Tori Vega walked out from the classroom and sighed. She hadn’t finished the song for afternoon’s class with Sikowitz and she was seriously considering on not going. She just wasn’t in the mood for school. She headed over to the lunch area and sat down at an empty table. She saw her friends coming over and she smiled as they sat down. She faked being interested in what they were talking about. She honestly couldn’t care less. Why? She sighed as she saw the reason for her unhappiness coming closer. Jade and Beck, the ever so happy couple… Tori wanted to laugh. Everyone for some reason thought she was the reason Beck and Jade were back together and kept on congratulating her. Why the heck was there a reason to congratulate her?! Tori looked down on her food as Beck and Jade sat down. They said hi to her and Tori just smiled, vaguely. She really pretended to be happy. She really really really did. But she couldn’t. She just felt so regretful. She could’ve had Beck. Beck could’ve been her boyfriend now, instead of Jade’s. She regretted not kissing him when she had the chance. Tori had gotten so many new feeling for Beck during the past weeks. Their opposite date had just made her realize how much she actually liked him… And then it had all been messed up. She shouldn’t have chosen Jade’s friendship over Beck, for God’s sake, Jade still refused to call her a friend. Tori had made a massive mistake. And she knew it too well.

“Hey, Tori, you here…?”

Tori was disturbed in her thoughts and she looked at André and said,

“Huh, what?”

“I asked if you were done with the song or not…? You seemed a bit gone, are you okay?”

Tori shook her head and said “Um yeah no I’m not feeling so good, I gotta go.”

She grabbed her bag from the ground and stormed off. She needed to get out. Quickly.

“Everyone knows it's meant to be, falling in love, just you and me ‘til the end of time”

Tori threw her phone across the room and sighed. She’d only gone on The Slap for a minute to check what the class had been like but all she’d seen was updates from Beck and Jade about how they were hanging out today. How was she supposed to put up with this until graduation?! Tori sighed. The door to her room opened and her sister walked in, holding her phone.

“Tori, what the hell is this?!” She said and put her phone really close to Tori’s face.

“Trina, I can’t see anything!”

Trina sighed angrily. “It’s Beck’s The Slap profile. It says he’s dating Jade again? And people are saying it’s thanks to you? What’s up with that?!”

Tori looked at Trina and said, “Seriously? It’s not thanks to me. Now please get out Trina, go annoy someone else!”

Trina gasped, but didn’t say anything. She just turned around and left the room. She left the door open so Tori jumped off her bed and slammed the door shut. She wanted to be alone. She turned the music on her stereo up louder and sat down on her bed. She closed her eyes and tried not to let tears fill her eyes. She was so emotionally unstable. And it was her own fault.

“I'll just keep on dreaming, but it's cool cause we're just friends”

She had missed dinner and she hadn’t left her room all afternoon. She’d told her parents she was sick. Tori really wanted to be alone. But apparently, no one in her family was going to let her be. There was a knock on Tori’s door and she sighed.

“What?” she said, angrily. She wasn’t planning on opening the door.

Her mother opened the door slowly and said, “Um, you have a visitor. One of your friends is here, are you okay with that?”

She figured it’d be André or Cat, so she had to say yes. André would be mad if she ignored him and Cat would just be hurt. She sighed. “Yeah, that’s fine.”

She turned down the music and when she turned around there he was. Beck. She almost gasped, but managed to keep her mouth shut.

“Hey, what are you doing here?”

Beck looked around her room. “Um, I was worried about you, and apparently I was right? What’s your phone doing on the floor?”

Tori smiled vaguely and said, “I’m fine, I just didn’t feel good earlier. I’m fine now though”

Beck sat down on her bed and said, “Really?” He raised an eyebrow and Tori sighed.

“Yeah, I’m good”

“Tori, I know when you lie, okay. What’s up?”

Tori bit her lip and looked down on the bed.

“Tori, tell me. We’re friends, right?”

Tori wanted to scream that yeah, that was the problem! But she couldn’t, so she kept her mouth shut and just sighed. She looked at Beck, and said, “I’m fine. I promise.”

“Tori…”

He put his hand over hers and she held her breath. She looked at Beck. His amazing eyes that she could just drown in, his perfect face, his tousled hair, the worn-out denim jacket, the slightly too big plaid shirt and the jeans with the silver chain attached… She couldn’t help but smile. His hand was still on hers and none of them made a single movement. She studied Beck’s face. She loved every single part of it. His jawline, his nose, his cheeks, his eyes and especially his lips… She just wanted to touch them, feel them on her skin and she wanted to hear him say that he loved her. She wanted to her those three words coming from his lips. But she would never get to hear that. He belonged to someone else. Tori felt tears welling up and she tried to move her hand. Beck just looked at her and before Tori knew it, he hugged her.

“I know you’re not okay, something’s wrong. But you don’t want to tell me and that’s fine. I’m always gonna be here for you, 24/7, 365 days a year. I care about you Tori. I don’t like seeing you upset” he whispered while holding her close. Tori felt a tear rolling down her cheek and she blinked away a few more tears.

“I just wish I could make it all okay, that I could make you happy again. You deserve nothing but great things Tori. You’re amazing. There are a lot of people who love you, never forget that. I’m always here. That’s what friends are for, right?”