𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞

Ivy POV:

After that night, everything was back to normal with Tom. I didn't know if that made us a real couple, but I hoped so. In any case he was at my feet and I liked that.

The band and I were all together at my house, working on our new song. Suddenly Christina grabbed my wrist as if she had had a revelation.

"Ivy, in this song, I want you to sing a small part." she said excited at the thought.

I looked at her like she was crazy. I had never sung to any of our songs, so why this one?
Seeing that I did not give an answer, she insisted:"Please Ivy, it's just a small part and you're going to wright it!"

I sighed, and, seeing my friend's excitement, I agreed. My part was short, the song was inspired a bit by my relationship with Tom so an idea came to me.

"What do y'all think about: Even though he's in love, I'm still heartless?" I asked.

The whole group looked at each other and smiled. We had found the phrase that would make the whole song and I was the one who would sing it.

Molly and Alex continued to work on the rhythm, which gave us the most progress.

I decided to go into the kitchen to get a snack when I received a phone call from Tom

"Hey gorgeous!" he said through the phone.
"Hey handsome, what's up?" I asked.

I poured myself a glass of water and a square of chocolate.

"I just wanted to suggest that tonight we have dinner together..." he finally said.

I smiled to myself. Tom, the player, the one who had all the girls at his feet, wanted me.

"Of course, pick me up at 8." I replied doing a little dance in the kitchen.

"Can't wait." he said as he hung up.

I felt like a teenage girl having her first date with her crush. It felt good to see it from that angle.

time skip

It was 7, and I had almost finished getting ready. I had opted for a bandeau top and a matching skirt that was adapted to the temperature outside.

I was impatient to know where he was going to take me, he must surely have had good addresses considering all the dates he had

I felt my phone vibrate and looked at it. Tom was in front of the house and wanted me to come down.

When I came down in the living room, no one was there. They must have all left while I was getting ready, which was fine with me. I texted Christina and asked her where she was anyway because she's my roommate.

Christina: I'm with Molly, we're going clubbing xoxo

Typical Christina.

I left the house and walked to the car where Tom was leaning with his arms crossed over his chest. When he saw me he smiled and came over to me to put his hands around my waist.

"You look absolutely gorgeous." he said before kissing me tenderly.

"You don't look too bad yourself." I say with a laugh.

He laughed and opened my door so I could get in. He started the car and I realized how sexy he was when he drove. I wanted to jump on him but I didn't, I wouldn't be the one to make the first move.

I opened my window because I was dying of heat and asked him: "So, where are you taking me?"

He put a hand on my leg, caressing it with his thumb, and answered me: "You'll see."

We were discussing everything and anything when we finally arrived at our destination. In front of me was a fancy looking restaurant but as soon as Tom opened my door, like a gentleman, tons of flashes blinded me.

Paparazzi of course.

Tom took my hand and snuggled me against his chest to protect me as he walked toward the restaurant entrance.

When we finally arrived, the manager of the restaurant welcomed us and gave us directly a table where we settled down.

"Are you okay, baby?" Tom asked as he took my hand and stroked it.

"I'll have to get used to it." I replied with a reassuring smile.

His worried look disappeared to give way to a smile. He kissed my hand and we continued to look at each other, smiling without saying anything.

"I'm going to the bathroom, I'll be right back." he said as he stood up.

I find myself alone so I took the opportunity to leaf through the restaurant's menu. Suddenly a waiter came towards me. I recognized him immediately.

Chad, my ex boyfriend.

He smiled at me and said: "Hey! What a coincidence..."

« Yeah... » I replied without a smile.

« It's been a long time since we've seen each other...well I've seen you in magazines but not in person... » he says looking a little disappointed.

« Oh, you saw it? » I asked not really caring.

« Of course, everyone saw it. So what is your relationship with him? » he finally asked.

I was getting more and more uncomfortable. I could see that Chad still hadn't moved on, which was a little disturbing because it had been a year.

He was my high school boyfriend and we broke up because he cheated on me the night of our prom. Since then he had already tried to get back to me but I had always rejected him.

I looked to see if Tom was on his way back, then, not seeing him I answered: « Well, he's... »

« Her boyfriend. » I heard Tom's voice behind me as he put a hand on my shoulder as if to protect me.