𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

Tom POV:

I was in the living room, in front of the TV, waiting for Bill's friends whom he had invited for lunch. Apparently I was going to be surprised. I hate it when Bill says that to me, usually it doesn't come out good.

I thought back to what Bill had told me this morning about Ivy. To tell you the truth, I felt guilty. I had overreacted when she was right. I screwed up.

Finally, Bill's friends rang the doorbell and I got up to greet them.

I saw, at the door, Ivy and Christina.

fuck.

Bill hugged them. I tried to greet them as well, when Ivy gave me a bloodcurdling look.

I knew that, until we talked about what happened last night, I better not approach her, or she would punch me in the balls like she did with Noah

They entered the house and Bill took Christina aside, motioning me to talk to Ivy.

« I think we need to talk. » I said, indicating her to sit next to me on the couch.

She sat down next to me, exactly where she was last night when Bill was comforting her.

« Listen, I shouldn't of reacted like that okay? I'm sorry, I was just drunk and frustrated that you rejected me after the kiss. » I said, trying to apologise.

« You hurt me, but it's fine. I think we better just be friends. As you said, we we're drunk. It was a mistake.» she said, tilting her head slightly.

friends? I don't want to be friends with her. I want more.

I didn't have time to answer when Bill came in with Christina to let us know that lunch was ready.

great timing bro.

She gave me one last look before getting up. I could feel that she was still mad at me but she pretended that it didn't get to her. I finally realized that she and I, in addition to being guitarists in a rock band, were similar in personality. She obsessed me.

I sat in front of her while Christina sat by her side.

She wanted us to be friends? Alright. We'll see that.

When Bill started to strike up a conversation about their rock band. I took advantage of the situation to caress her leg with my foot. When she noticed it, she looked at me like I was crazy.

I gave her a mischievous smile while playing with my lip piercing trying to remind her of our kiss last night.

She let out a nervous laugh which earned me a side look from Bill.

Eventually seeing that the conversation was getting slightly boring. Ivy spoke up:
"We have a concert in two days. But in the meantime we wanted to have a little party with the other members of our group, Molly and Alex. If you want, you can bring the other guys in your group and come spend the evening with us tomorrow night." she said looking deeply to my eyes.

Bill clapped with his hands, excited to meet the other Ecstasy band members. I said nothing, continuing this staring battle with Ivy. I cracked a smile, which she returned as well.

It's only been a day that we know each other yet I have the impression that our complicity comes back from 10 years ago.

If I must have a girlfriend, it is this complicity that I want, this smile, these eyes. Shit, this girl is driving me crazy.

Ivy POV:

I don't know why I told him it would be better if we were friends. Honestly it came out on its own. I wanted more with him but I think I was scared. His reputation that precedes him (because yes I did my little research on him, thank you Christina) does not inspire me much confidence and his reaction yesterday did not appeal to me at all.

I saw that he also wanted more with me and I was happy. But I wouldn't be the first to crack, far from it.

Christina and I headed back home. When we arrived, I received a message from Tom.

Tom: hey beautiful, just wanted to say that you looked like a goddess today ;)

I smile at his message. How silly is he?

Ivy: stop playing Tom, we're friends.

Tom: friends with benefits?

Ivy: shut up, go practice for your next concert or whatever...

Tom: I can't stop thinking of you :(

He's such a child, oh my god. 

Tom: you know what I like about you?

Ivy: What?

Tom: your eyes, when you stare at me I feel scared in a good way.

Ivy: are you drunk?

Tom:;)

I threw my phone on my bed laughing and played "Beware" by Deftones. I didn't really know what to think of this exchange but what I did know was that I liked Tom more and more every minute.

I remembered how he defended me yesterday against his friend Noah. He could have taken his friend's side, but he preferred to believe me, a stranger.

But on the other hand, he had slept with another girl when I pushed him away.

I no longer knew what to think of him.