Chapter 26 - We're Off to See the Wizard

Author’s note: I’m skipping Private Leo and Bite Me.

----------------

Paris was sitting on the couch as then, Paige orbed in. Paris jumped a bit. “What the hell is going on?”

“Ben’s demon again.” Paige blurted out.

Paris sighed. “I knew something was wrong.”

“What?” Paige asked.

Paris nodded. “Yeah, there was much going on as you know.” She was rubbing her small stomach.

“I know.” Paige comment. “But, can you tell me how you noticed it?”

“Cole noticed it first, then I.” Paris replied. “Its just strange things happen around Ben.”

“Yes, I noticed it too.” Paige told her.

“Ben shouldn’t have lied.” Paris comment. “I mean you asked him.”

“Uhu.” Paige nodded.

Paris looked at her. “So, why did you come?”

“I wanted you to come with me and Piper to Phoebe’s house to tell her.” Paige replied.

“Of course.” Paris nodded.

-----------

Later, they were in an elevator on their way to Phoebe’s apartment. Paige glanced at her sisters. “Ben’s a demon again, that is what’s going on.”

Piper looked at her. “Do you want us to lose a sister, because that’s exactly what’s gonna happen if you blurt it out like that. Besides, we only know that Ben is dealing with demons, not that he is a demon.”

“Omg.” Paris muttered.

Paige shrugged. “If he looks like a demon and walks like a demon...”
“That’s ducks, that’s not Phoebe’s husband.” Piper sighed. “The love of her life, her best friend...”

“Alright, I get your point, woman.” Paige comment, Paris chuckled.

Piper looked at them. “Look, this isn’t gonna be easy for her to hear, especially since she’s happier than she’s ever been.”

The elevator opened and they saw Phoebe standing near the window. Paige glanced at Piper. “Or not.”

“Uhu.” Paris nodded.

Phoebe noticed them. “Hi. Come on in.”

“Phoebe, what’s the matter? You look...” Piper was interrupted.

Phoebe looked at her. “Terrible? Yeah, I haven’t slept in a couple of days.”

“Why?” Paris asked.

“What’s the matter?” Piper added.

Phoebe patted a chair. “Uh, you guys should probably sit down.”

“That’s funny, we were just coming to ask you to do the same thing.” Paige comment.

“Paige...” Paris sighed. “Lets hear what she has to say.”

Piper, Paris and Paige sat at the table. Phoebe looked at them. “Okay, so, what I’m about to tell you is really big. We’re talking huge.”

“See, she knows.” Paige glanced at them.

Phoebe frowned. “Knows what?”

Piper waved it off. “Uh, you tell us.”

“Uh, okay, I-I’m, uh... I’m pregnant.” Phoebe told them.

Piper blinked. “You’re what?”

“Oh my god, from Ben?” Paige exclaimed.

“Congratulations.” Paris face palmed at her sisters.

--------------

Phoebe sighed. “I don’t even understand how this could’ve happened. We were being so careful. It’s the last thing I expected right now.”

Paige muttered to herself. “Just wait.”

“Does Ben know?” Piper asked her.

Phoebe shook with her head. “No, not yet. I should’ve told him, I know, but I didn’t know how to. Besides, I don’t want him to think that I’m not happy about it.”

“Are you?” Paris asked.

Phoebe sighed, shrugging. “I don’t know. I mean, part of me is obviously. I love Ben. But then there’s another part of me that’s scared to death. I mean, there’ so many changes and it’s all happening so fast. I’m not sure I’m ready for this.”

Piper looked at her. “Oh, honey, you should’ve told us when you found out, and then you wouldn’t have to go through it alone.”

Phoebe looked at her, a little sad. “I know, but I wasn’t sure how you would feel about it.”

“Me? Why?” Piper asked, surprised.

“Because I know how hard you and Leo have been trying.” Phoebe replied.

Piper basically waved it off. “Oh, honey, this doesn’t have anything to do with me, it has everything to do with you. And-and I’d be thrilled to be an aunt. Don’t worry about me.”

Paige looked at Phoebe. “So when are you gonna tell Ben?”

Phoebe sighed. “I don’t know. He’s got so much on his plate right now, you know, with starting his new job and everything.”

“You’re gonna have a lot on your plate too, more than you realise.” Paige comment.

Piper nodded. “Yeah, like how many hours he’s gonna be working and that he’s not gonna be home a lot.”

“That’s not what I’m talking about, Piper.” Paige told her.

Phoebe frowned. “What do you mean, Paige?”

“It can wait.” Piper replied.

“I agree.” Paris added.

Just then, they heard the elevator. Phoebe had her eyes widen. “Oh, god, that’s Ben. He can’t know I told you before I told him. Hurry, outta here, orb.”

Paige was confused. “I thought Ben had a no orbing policy.”

“No, he doesn’t want you orbing in, he doesn’t mind you orbing out.” Phoebe urged them.

“Now.” Piper exclaimed as Paige orbed out with Piper and Paris.

--------

They orbed to the manor. Paris was nauseous. “Did you really just grabbed me? You know it makes me nauseous.” She glared at Paige.

“Sorry.” Paige shrugged. “Its what i could think off.”

“In that moment? I can shimmer, remember?” Paris asked her.

“Sorry.” Paige replied. “But did you wanted to be seen by Ben?”

“No.” Paris replied.

“Then i did the right thing.” Paige told her.

Paris sighed. “Yeah you did.” She went over to the couch and sat down.

Moments later, Leo orbed in. “What is the emergency?”

Piper looked at her husband. “Phoebe is pregnant.”

Leo blinked. “What? Really?”

“Oh yeah.” Paris nodded.

Paige looked at him. “Yeah, I think she deserves to know she’s carrying a demon child, don’t you?”

“You don’t know if Ben is a demon.” Piper replied.

Paige looked at her. “You don’t know he’s not.”

“I could ask Cole here and he can tell you himself.” Paris added.

Piper nodded. “Well, okay, we’ll do some more digging and-and we’ll find some solid proof.”

“No, I think she deserves to know now, Piper.” Paige disagreed.